BCIT Nursing Sept 2022

Posted
by J Geronimo J Geronimo (New) New

YvettexWang

8 Posts

I applied for Sept 2022~ It shows "under department review" now.


I grated from SFU majored in Psychology, and had no medical work experience....😿 The Casper test result was just delivered.


Good Luck to everyone!

yahjeh

yahjeh

51 Posts

8 hours ago, YvettexWang said:

I applied for Sept 2022~ It shows "under department review" now.


I grated from SFU majored in Psychology, and had no medical work experience....😿 The Casper test result was just delivered.


Good Luck to everyone!

Hello, I’ve applied to the Sept intake as well. I have a psych degree as well and a few years volunteering at VGH and with VASS. Not sure exactly what my GPA is.
Have you applied anywhere else? I also applied to VCC and UBC.

YvettexWang

8 Posts

3 hours ago, yahjeh said:

Hello, I’ve applied to the Sept intake as well. I have a psych degree as well and a few years volunteering at VGH and with VASS. Not sure exactly what my GPA is.
Have you applied anywhere else? I also applied to VCC and UBC.

I also applied to UBC, VCC, KPU advanced entry, and Langara🙈

yahjeh

yahjeh

51 Posts

On 2/15/2022 at 10:43 AM, YvettexWang said:

I also applied to UBC, VCC, KPU advanced entry, and Langara🙈

Good luck! Hope we find out soon.

sbstn

sbstn

10 Posts

Hey everyone, I’m applying to the Sept. 2022 intake as well!

Do we know how the Casper test result is weighed? I assume we won’t get any updates on our applications until May or June based on previous threads…

J Geronimo

J Geronimo

14 Posts

On 3/1/2022 at 8:44 AM, sbstn said:

Hey everyone, I’m applying to the Sept. 2022 intake as well!

Do we know how the Casper test result is weighed? I assume we won’t get any updates on our applications until May or June based on previous threads…

Nope. Based on the admissions office, the snapshot interview replaced the non-cognitive quiz so after the department review, we will know if we are accepted by June 15. 

J Geronimo

J Geronimo

14 Posts

On 2/14/2022 at 10:21 PM, YvettexWang said:

I applied for Sept 2022~ It shows "under department review" now.


I grated from SFU majored in Psychology, and had no medical work experience....😿 The Casper test result was just delivered.


Good Luck to everyone!

I just applied 2 weeks ago and also shows under department review! 
 

Just graduated UofM BSC in Microbiology. I have 1 yr work exp in research, 3+ yrs in retail store, a few months in doing COVID testing and some volunteering. 

sbstn

sbstn

10 Posts

8 hours ago, J Geronimo said:

Nope. Based on the admissions office, the snapshot interview replaced the non-cognitive quiz so after the department review, we will know if we are accepted by June 15. 

Oof - that's quite a while away. I suppose I should stop checking every few days then! 😁 I'm sure it's not just me; I've developed this annoying habit of periodically reading too much of the previous Allnurses threads, checking the stats of previously accepted applicants to see how I stack up. This wait is nerve wracking!

J Geronimo

J Geronimo

14 Posts

6 hours ago, sbstn said:

Oof - that's quite a while away. I suppose I should stop checking every few days then! 😁 I'm sure it's not just me; I've developed this annoying habit of periodically reading too much of the previous Allnurses threads, checking the stats of previously accepted applicants to see how I stack up. This wait is nerve wracking!

I know right! We won’t even know if we are short-listed (like previous intakes who were given the questionnaire/quiz).

Also, someone said, the earliest we will know is 2 weeks before the actual date given so we can check the beginning of June! 

J Geronimo

J Geronimo

14 Posts

As of March 9, 20022

Just want to leave this here: 

This is the most recent info session that they uploaded. 

The most important getaway for me:

1. Have a total of 96 seats this intake (instead of 63) so probably higher chance to get accepted. 
*Most competitive intake = Sept

*Least competitive intake = April 

2. Still have Mandatory Questionnaire (not replaced by Snapshot)

3. CASPER and Snapshot are graded by altus and results are sent to BCIT. 
*Students are ranked based on all aspects of the application - # of credits, GPA, Casper, Snapshot, Questionnaire, etc. 

sbstn

sbstn

10 Posts

4 hours ago, J Geronimo said:

As of March 9, 20022

Just want to leave this here: 

This is the most recent info session that they uploaded. 

The most important getaway for me:

1. Have a total of 96 seats this intake (instead of 63) so probably higher chance to get accepted. 
*Most competitive intake = Sept

*Least competitive intake = April 

2. Still have Mandatory Questionnaire (not replaced by Snapshot)

3. CASPER and Snapshot are graded by altus and results are sent to BCIT. 
*Students are ranked based on all aspects of the application - # of credits, GPA, Casper, Snapshot, Questionnaire, etc. 

Thanks for this! I believe the Questionnaire is the form we filled out for the application - if you've done the Casper Snapshot already, I believe you're in the clear to sit and wait until June.

It's good to know that there's more seats available for this intake!