NVCC Spring 2018 Hybrid Program

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Hey all! Starting a thread for those applying to NVCC (Northern Virginia Com Coll) for the spring nursing program! This is my second time applying - tried for last Spring but didn't make it - my grades are a mix of mostly B's and some A's and I got 87.5, 80 and 90 on my TEAS sections. I really wish they'd let us use LORs or at least consider work experience.And I'm so glad they raised the TEAS requirements back to 78 - I heard that threw everything off for last year and that's why so many people applied. I also heard that they are accepting more people overall this year, so fingers crossed!!!

May the odds be ever in our favor :bugeyes:

Hey all! Starting a thread for those applying to NVCC (Northern Virginia Com Coll) for the spring nursing program! This is my second time applying - tried for last Spring but didn't make it - my grades are a mix of mostly B's and some A's and I got 87.5, 80 and 90 on my TEAS sections. I really wish they'd let us use LORs or at least consider work experience.And I'm so glad they raised the TEAS requirements back to 78 - I heard that threw everything off for last year and that's why so many people applied. I also heard that they are accepting more people overall this year, so fingers crossed!!!

May the odds be ever in our favor :bugeyes:

GL I graduated from the NVCC program back in 2009.....I think we had around 130 students....GL

I have also applied. My TEAS are 66, 79.2, and 87.5 (Not great scores). However my GPA is 3.87 and have almost all A's. I really wish they allowed us to submit LORs and work experience too, I am a CNA.

Hi all,

Do you guys know how many seats are available for Spring 2018 nursing program? I have applied for spring 2018 but don't think will get accepted because of too much competition and too many applications. And also do you guys know how high the teas score should be considered a good score for the program? My reading is 72, math 93, and English 87. ( reading is not good) and prerequisites have A's. I am really nervous and don't know what are my chances to get accepted? Any reply or advices will be greatly appreciated.

Graduating with this program soon. And as sad as it is, I really dont recommend this program. Dont get me wrong, I'm doing well, but it is a mess currently and I dont think it will resolve by next year. Nursing school is stressful enough, but the program gives you more stress. The way things are right now is not good. It is ALL OVER THE PLACE. hopefully this will be fixed soon, but I really dont recommend this program right now. I just cant wait until graduation.

Can I ask what exactly you didn't like?

Specializes in Medical Critical Care Step-Down..

Okay, so what next? Is this where we beg now for information and then you make a long speech again? Jeez! Unbelievable!

Hey! So did anyone receive any correspondence from nvcc yet? I'm guessing the first thing we should be anticipating is a processing email, but any idea as to the time frame? I've been checking all their accounts and the blog but I haven't come across anything yet...anybody? Please share any information or updates you come across, I'm sure everyone would greatly appreciate it! Good luck everyone :up:

Hey Alicia737! Do you mind me asking, where did you do your CNA certification program from? I've been looking into some but don't know the credibility of them as I don't know anyone who has went through them.

I received my processing email on September 21st. I did my CNA training through the Red Cross.

I have not received a processing letter yet, but I'm hoping to get one in the next week! I've been trying to find out how many students they're accepting this year, and rumors ar e that it will be more than the 65 they took last year, which is promising.

Specializes in Medical Critical Care Step-Down..

It takes one week approximately for "received" email. If you got anything missing in application, say copy of high school diploma, this is when they call you up to fulfil it. It then takes another two weeks during which they say they are ranking, then after, they ask for domicile review. One week after that, making four weeks approximately, decisions start rolling in.

+ Add a Comment