What was your GPA, when you got accepted into nursing school? - Page 3Register Today!
- Dec 27, '12 by brenayQuote from cgrantI understand. I am driving myself crazy wondering if I will be accepted or not. I need to stop!It honestly really depends on the school... I live in Westchester county in NY, the ADN programs out here all have different qualifications.. For instance WCC uses the TEAS exam for their primary decision and only required to get C's. Cochran (which is my school) looks at your grades/ GPA , still have to take teas but admissions is not heavily weighed on that. I was accepted into Cochran with A's in a&p 1&2 , and contingent upon receiving a C+or higher in micro. Dorothy Hopher is another one that uses the TEAS exam. Pace looks at GPA 3.0 or higher. Mount Saint Vincent 3.0 or higher, etc... My point is it depends on the school and their criteria.
- Dec 27, '12 by Racer15My bachelors degree GPA was a 3.8, which is what I used when applying to nursing school. I also made a 28 on my ACT, which helped quite a bit.
- Dec 27, '12 by FutureCRNA?My GPA was a little over 3.7. My school (a state university with a BSN program) uses GPA to determine acceptance, contingent on meeting all the other criteria. I believe I heard that the lowest admitted GPA generally is around a 3.4. Usually about 150 people apply and about 75 are accepted.
I've completed 1 semester of 4 so far with a 4.0. I have my eye on CRNA school in the future!!!
- Dec 27, '12 by nurseywifeymommy1Mine was 3.5
- Dec 28, '12 by rumwynnieRNI had a 2.9 with prereqs. I just graduated, and my GPA went up to a 3.06. I goofed up when I shouldn't have before nursing school.
- Dec 28, '12 by Compassion_xMine was a 3.5...the last two semesters (one of pre-reqs, and my first nursing semester) were 4.0s though! I'm still excited about it, not trying to brag lol.
- Dec 28, '12 by july06Quote from rumwynnieYes! There's hope for me after all. I currently have a 3.0 and if I get an A in my winter class, it'll go up.I had a 2.9 with prereqs. I just graduated, and my GPA went up to a 3.06. I goofed up when I shouldn't have before nursing school.
My school bases half their admission on your pre-req gpa, 25% on the teas, and the other 25% on your A&P 1 grade. I got an A- in A&P 1 and I'm retaking the teas for a higher score. So I hope those will make up for my lagging gpa.
- Dec 28, '12 by Nurse2b7337Does the Teas score play a part in your acceptance? My GPA is 3.5 but my Teas score suxxxx.