A&P 2 dissection.Register Today!
- by sali22 Jun 16, '12I just learned that we will be dissecting a RAT next week. Um yuck. Cat? sure! pig? sure! cadaver? sure! A RAT? no way. I think I'll sit this one out.
What did you dissect?
would you dissect a rat?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=743430©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,468 Views
- Jun 16, '12 by Love.A rat?! I'd pass too. I thought a cat or pig was the general favorite because there anatomy is so close to humans...A RAT?!?!? Lol my Goodness! Good luck
- Jun 16, '12 by VictoriaMareahThe point is to learn anatomy- who cares what the animal is. We did fetal pigs and they looked like rats haha. We also did sheep body parts.
When I started I didn't think I would be able to dissect anything because of my love for animals. But, I went to class and decided to just do what I could. I was actually really comfortable with it and so glad I did not miss out on the educational opportunity.
- Jun 16, '12 by StephalumpA rat? That seems like a weird choice...and kind of small. We did the sheeps brain and fetal big in high school, cat in A&P. Never heard of doing it on a rat!
- Jun 16, '12 by wordsofmymouthWe didn't even get to do a full specimen. We had hearts, eyes, and brains, but nothing else. I totally would have done a rat!
- Jun 16, '12 by >JustBreathe<We did a feral pig. We were not allowed to opt out. It was very interesting
- Jun 16, '12 by sali22We did sheep brain, eye, heard, lungs, and kidney but dissecting a rat really peeves me out. I have a really bad fear of rats they creep me out to no end.
- Jun 16, '12 by jazacmomWe did a rat in AP I. It gives quite a good internal look, as a rat's anatomy is similar to ours but easier to see all the organs. Give me anything, and I will dissect it
- Jun 16, '12 by IndyElmerRat dissections are actually quite good. Reasonable size/view at a much more affordable price.
- Jun 16, '12 by sali22But it is a RAT!!!!