Number ONE on waitlist. So frustratingRegister Today!
- by tag2007 Aug 3, '10Hey Guys,
So, I applied for Howard Community College's Fall 2010 evening/weekend program and assumed I would be waitlisted but secretly hoped and hoped I would get in. I ended up being waitlisted, but was given a number of 7. Recently, I was told that I am now number ONE on the waitlist! So, I am getting super excited about the possibility that I will get in this fall, but at the same time, there is a big chance I won't. It is so hard not to get my hopes up. So I have a whole month for one person to decide to not start the program for whatever reason, or for one of the 6 people ahead of me to decline their seats in the program. My advisor told me the six people ahead of me have until next week to decide. This not knowing is just driving me nuts! They say they will let people into the program off of the waitlist if a seat opens up until one day before classes start! Then I would be a mad rush to get uniforms, supplies, books, immunizations, etc. I suppose I should not complain because at least there is a chance I might slip in.
I guess I just needed to vent and let some of my excitement/frustrations out!
- 3,003 Views
- Aug 3, '10 by Laurie2000I bet you will get in! There are always last minute snafus and people have to drop out. Congrats! For Gods sake go ahead and get your immunizations together. Get organized. You will not have time when school starts. Congrats!
- Aug 3, '10 by askimI wish you luck!!. I hope you will hear from them soon.
- Aug 3, '10 by DolceVitaI was number 2 on the waiting list for my school. I called them every day (of course I don't recommend this because they find it a little annoying).
- Aug 3, '10 by smiles04Just do your thing you will be suprised. Alsoooo if you can you should try to apply other places. Also please please if you are trying for the LVN just go ahead and get the additional prerqs for the RN it's soooo worth it don't waist the time to LVN and then a yr experiene and then go back get your RN and try the diploma and degree programs you can always get the BSN online but you do def need good clinical skills. Good luck don't give up just don't you will be happy in the long run. I went back at 38yrs old. I love it and always will.
- Aug 3, '10 by BacktotheBeachDefinitely get your immunizations done! Some of those require a series which needs to get started, or you might have titers come back that you need immunized again for, etc and all this will take time. Be prepared now! I really think you will get in.
- Aug 3, '10 by DolceVitaQuote from superVAbsolutely! That is why I was able to get my place -- I had done everything (CPR, 2 step TB, titers and vaccinations). My local public health did the vaccinations for free, charged $15.00 for the TB test and I went to a place called Concentra to have the physical and get my blood drawn for titers (about $70.00 all in with my school's discount).Definitely get your immunizations done! Some of those require a series which needs to get started, or you might have titers come back that you need immunized again for, etc and all this will take time. Be prepared now! I really think you will get in.
A little hint about CPR costs -- some Red Cross chapters will discount their classes if you can't afford them (but you have to speak to the right person).
- Aug 3, '10 by Pia MaterI bet you get in! Go get everything now!
- Aug 3, '10 by rdsxfnrni agree..... get moving on things........ won't hurt, sure will help if u r ready when they call
- Aug 3, '10 by whitneyLOLMake sure to update us when you get in! Get all that stuff done and think good thoughts!!!!