Not learning A&PRegister Today!
- by amberdawn85 Oct 1I am almost done with my A&P201. I took it online do to time constants, having 3 children. I have 4 other classes, 2 which are in person and 3 online. I currently have a very high A in the course but I'm not retaining any of the information I'm "learning". I feel like I read things but it's just not sticking, I guess because I don't have to memorize it yet. I feel like I'm setting myself for complete failure when I start my nursing program in May. Any advice or tips on how to retain the material I'm learning online?
- Oct 1 by cee cee gFor me, there was no way I could of understood A&P I and II if I didn't take both of them at school. There is just soooo much information. And friend of mine took A&P I online and then came to campus for A&P II and had to drop out because it's was literally like "WHAT THE ****" and she made an "A" grade online like yourself. But I'm gonna tell you like I told her, please go on youtube.com and watch the lectures that they have online. It is the best substitute if you cannot make it to tutoring at your school. Good luck to you on your journey to becoming a nurse. Bye!
- Oct 1 by HeathermaizeyI am in 102 right now with 201 in the spring. I don't know if I could ever do these classes online because I feel like I wouldn't retain anything. I know some people do very well with online classes but I am not one of them. Do you have lab at the school or is it all online?
- Oct 1 by amberdawn85The lab is online as well. I am taking Micro in person currently. I want to do A&P2 in person but it would kill my GPA. I'm debating taking the course again but it would set me back 6 months.
- Oct 1 by queseraseraOnline classes are always more difficult because you're teaching yourself SO much. The program I'm applying to doesn't accept any online science classes for this reason.
- Oct 1 by man-nurse2bI took also took A&P with online labs. It helps to get alternative teaching tools. For example youtube videos on particular body systems and video lectures are out there. They helped me alot and still helps in nursing school. Just verify any information with your particular course text book. Change things up to keep yourself motivated and you can do it. I got A's in A&P 1 and 2 both online.
Oh I just re-read your post, I see what's going on. You are taking on too much credits. A&P is a lot more reading than people think. You really need A's in these. I myself have a family and I know first hand we non-traditional student think that time is running out. I did the same mistake during 2 semesters and had no time to breathe. I ended up withdrawing rather than making low grades that will have an even more harmful effect on my chances of getting into nursing school. 4 years later I completed my prerequisite and now I'm in nursing school with less than a year left to graduate. You can do it but you will have to sacrifice a lot of time with the family. It just depends on your goals. Time isn't running out.
Nursing school is pretty much the same way you describe, they throw tonnes of info at you, feel like we aren't learning but it takes time.Last edit by man-nurse2b on Oct 1
- Oct 1 by amberdawn85Thanks everyone. I have a 3.9 pre-req GPA with 4 left for my BSN program. This is my second degree so I handle coursework quite well. I am just so scared of starting my program and not knowing what anybody is talking about because I don't know the basics. Charli, that makes me feel a little better.
- Oct 1 by DrangerQuote from amberdawn85I am almost done with my A&P201. I took it online do to time constants, having 3 children. I have 4 other classes, 2 which are in person and 3 online. I currently have a very high A in the course but I'm not retaining any of the information I'm "learning". I feel like I read things but it's just not sticking, I guess because I don't have to memorize it yet. I feel like I'm setting myself for complete failure when I start my nursing program in May. Any advice or tips on how to retain the material I'm learning online?
Well the online part certainly doesn't help....
To make you feel better it gets rehashed in patho.
- Oct 1 by douxmusiqueIf youre not retaining the info you are going to struggle in the program. It gets "rehashed" in a sort of sink or swim kind of way. There isnt much you can do about it now aside from working your tail off from this point forward to memorize the content.... a tip: know about cellular diffusion, ions, acid base balances and the cardiopulmonary system. In my opinion if you know this stuff in a&p like the back of your hand you will have a leg up come patho and everything else in nursing.
Going from online to on campus programs is no.*******.joke.