How many schools did you apply to?Register Today!
- by jennco Apr 25I am thinking of having a plan B in case I don't get into the school close to me.
How many nursing schools did you apply to?
Did you get into your first pick?
- Apr 25 by AccelBSN2b14It is always better to more than one program particularly if you live in certain parts of the country which are known for being competitive ( such as metro NY). I sent in my application to four school but I only completed 2 of them. I got into my first choice and will being starting an ABSN program in the fall. Anyways, apply to more than one so you can hedge your bets.
- Apr 25 by molly88pI am applying to 6 nursing schools, I don't find out if I get into any until June 1st. I would apply to as many as you can.
- Apr 25 by stephanie.Two. Got into both, now unsure of what to do.
- Apr 25 by ShaeMarieI applied to two schools and was selected for both programs. I'm going with my first choice!
- Apr 25 by zoe92I applied to 4 schools. I got rejected from 2, waitlisted (& accepeted) to 1, & right away accepted to one. All are BSN programs.My plan B was to finish my bachelors in psychology, because it would only take 1 more year. Then I would apply to an ABSN which would give me more options.I am a big believer on having plans A - Z.
- Apr 25 by Guinevere39I applied to my first choice and didn't get in, and applied to my backup and did get in (and ended up being so very happy in my backup program that I'm glad I didn't get in to the first school). It's always good to have options. Programs are getting hundreds of applications for just a few slots.
- Apr 25 by akulahawkI applied to only 2 schools. There are about 5-6 schools in the area... however, given my set of circumstances, one wasn't open to 2nd Bachelors, two were way too expensive, one was too far to drive, and the two that were left were my only choices in the end. So I applied and re-applied for 4 years until I got accepted... and both accepted me. While either on their own would have been a good choice, I chose the one I went to for a number of reasons... primarily it was that it had a MUCH more compatible schedule with my work schedule.
Apply EVERYWHERE you're possibly qualified to attend. The worst thing they can tell you is "Sorry, please don't apply again," but more likely they'll either tell you "sorry, please try again" or "sorry, you don't meet selection standards." Of course, the best thing they can tell you is "You're in!!"
So keep at it!
- Apr 25 by michfishI applied to 2, the first was an ABSN that I didn't get into. I also applied to the ADN program at the community college where I have been taking my prereqs and I got into that one. I am in the Fall 2013 cohort. I am very excited. I will do the RN-BSN program at my first choice school when I am done with my ADN. My first choice school has a partnership with my CC for the ADN nurses, the competition isn't has fierce to get into that one. There are 6 accredited nursing schools within 40 miles of me. I was going to apply to the other schools plus reapply to my 1st 2 choices if I didn't get an acceptance from one of them.
- Apr 25 by MommaTyI applied to one, and got accepted first try for an ADN program for fall 2013.