How far do you commute to school?Register Today!
- by havehope Feb 16There isn't any recent threads on the topic, so I thought I would start a new one. I will be moving and the nursing school I want to go to is 2hrs and 45 mins away. I looked at other nursing schools close by and each and every one is different for pre req reqirements. Just wanted to see how many others commute is this long. How do you pass the time when driving?
- Feb 16 by x_factorI currently commute one hour to school, about 50 miles from home. The school I transferred from was 1.5 hours from home, about 75 miles away.
- Feb 16 by zeno33Well. I am still pre nursing...
It takes about almost an hour to get to school by bus.
I started driving to school this semester and it takes only 20 minutes.
- Feb 16 by zoe92I am in my last semester of pre nursing courses at a community college & I commute 1 hour/each way. All the BSN programs I applied to are 1.5 hours away so I will move when I start clinical courses . I make mixes on my iPod and blast music to pass time while I am driving.
- Feb 16 by adoRNo2b20151.5 hours away each way 4 days a week! But car pool 2 days with girls who luckily live in my county.
- Feb 17 by Runningonfancy35 minutes for me but the other options are 1.5 hours, 45 minutes and another at 1.5 hours. Only one with night and weekend program is the 35 minute one and closer so thats my cheapest option. I could do the accelerated bsn with the longer drive but it's strictly day classes and I would like to keep my job.
- Feb 17 by nurselife21No more than 5 minutes.. Thank goodness.
- Feb 17 by nurselife21No more than 5 minutes. Thank goodness! (:
- Feb 17 by gummi bear45 minutes, for an ADN program. The only nursing program in my county, which happens to be pretty large, but suburban. The closest BSN program is out of state. Very limited options
- Feb 17 by adoRNo2b2015I wish I could do day classes! I go from 6-10 and although I only work 2 nights a week 7p-7a sometimes it's very hard to match the schedule with the nights I need off for school. Girls from day shift help me out.