How Far do you want to go in your Nursing Education? - page 3
Hey folks, so i thought id get some opinions and viewpoints of people and their educational goals here? who wants to go all the way and get their DNP/Ph.D in nursing? My plan is to go all the way.. one step at a time first... Read More
- 1Aug 26, '12 by Fearless_leaderI would like to become Nurse Practioner. Right now I'm a prenursing student . Looking to complete my BSN and I will. So I can show my soon my husband that I am not a failure. Most importantly I'm doing it for me and my children. Screw what he thinks. I can drink to that.
- 0Aug 26, '12 by carakristin1I'm not sure I want to get *quite* to my DNP, but I definitely want to keep going and at least get a Masters/some advanced education.
I personally hope to follow this career trajectory: Get my ADN. Work in the ER/pediatric ER for a while, become a SAFE nurse or something akin. Work toward my BSN somewhere during that time. Once I get that, pursue the additional certification/education I need to become a forensic nurse (I'm having trouble finding specific information about how to do this).
Any other forensic nurse hopefuls out there?
- 0Aug 26, '12 by vintagemotherQuote from Fearless_leaderI could have written this post! Kudos to me and you Fearless Leader!!!!I would like to become Nurse Practioner. Right now I'm a prenursing student . Looking to complete my BSN and I will. So I can show my soon my husband that I am not a failure. Most importantly I'm doing it for me and my children. Screw what he thinks. I can drink to that.
- 1Aug 26, '12 by CallieNMI am in school to become a LPN. I plan on then doing a bridge my school offers to RN. I was going to stop at my BSN, but I learned that having a BSN does not provide much more of an income, so now I would like to get my Masters in Nursing... just maybe after my kids are grown. I don't want to go to school- forever...
- 0Aug 26, '12 by medic9872I'm currently a paramedic and will be starting a medic-to-rn bridge program in October. I started in the medical field as a unit secretary and went to emt school while working ft. Then did paramedic school while working ft. And I'll be doing nursing school while working ft. I am planning to do the rn-bsn program soon after I finish this program. And I'd love to get my masters, but honestly I need a break. It's exhausting working ft and going to school and raising kids and all.
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- 1Aug 26, '12 by CapeCodDreamerQuote from abiklagsTook the words out of my mouth! I'll be starting my ADN soon with plans to do either an ADN-BSN (and then pursue my Master's) or ADN-MSN program. Eventually, I want to go into teaching, too.I graduated with my ADN in May, starting my RB-BSN program monday. I'm getting the BSN b/c many hospitals in the area are either Magnet status or going there
If I ever went for a MSN, it would most likely be in education because I a) will not be a CNM or CNS or CRNA or NP; working in that capacity is not calling my name and b) I love teaching and the satisfaction of seeing another person understand and comprehend new information is amazing. but thats a pipeline dream that is really not on the horizon right now. Right now my goal is to start (and finish) my BSN and get a job but not necessarily in that order