College Algebra ughhRegister Today!
- by beckyboo1 Oct 20, '12I have a pretty much all A average but I absolutely cannot understand college algebra. I've always been able to learn anything, but not this. How did everyone else get through it???
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=793338©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,031 Views
- Oct 20, '12 by ginna121I hear you.....I am in intermediate Algebra and I am having trouble
- Oct 20, '12 by christina731I specifically chose my ADN program because it only requires a specific health sciences math involving dosage calculations rather than traditional algebra because I couldn't pass the intermediate algebra class. I feel your pain. I tried it so many times and I just could not pass intermediate let alone college algebra. I did well in all of my other science & pre req classes but not that one. Good luck to you!
- Oct 20, '12 by zoe92I hate math. But I got an A in college algebra & a B in statistics... I was stunned. Basically, I went to my school's tutoring center A LOT. I also did homework, even if it wasn't graded. I also did any practice problems in the chapters we were taught, and a couple times when that wasn't enough, I asked my professor to recommend more from the text book. You can't go into it with a bad mind set because that will set the tone throughout the class.
- Oct 20, '12 by Getting To GreatI absolutely feel your pain...I took calculus past; and I pass with a C. The school that I am looking into requires other math classes include calculus, but I did not know until after I registered for the course. I wanted to drop the class right away but I missed the drop deadline so, now the only thing left is withdrawing which will also leave a W on my transcript, and I really don't want that. I have a test coming up, if I score well I will continue but if not, a W it will be because I can't afford to have my GPA suffer.
- Oct 20, '12 by ApriljenkinsMath has always been a problem for me as well don't worry you will get it take it slow and practice and practice and get a tutor......
- Oct 21, '12 by Miiki✿If you are having a lot of difficulty with College Algebra, it may be because you might not fully understand some of the more basic math that College Algebra builds upon. It would be like trying to build a bridge before the support columns are done.
Maybe you should consider taking remedial math classes, but it might slow you down curiculum-wise. Or get high school math workbooks starting with Algebra I(high school level).
- Oct 21, '12 by beckyboo1Actually, I have a good working knowledge of math and did well in Fundamentals and Intermediate Algebra. Part of my frustration right now is that until I understand this one section, I can't move on to other sections I DO understand. I can't get the formula for completing a square down. Guess I'll spend today trying again and trying to find some online helps. Unfortunately, I work full time and being able to coordinate tutoring time with my instructor has been extremely difficult.
- Oct 21, '12 by wordsofmymouthMy suggestion: YouTube.
- Oct 21, '12 by MsAlbaI hit up the math lab like crazy and also used Khan's academy (online website). Very helpful!Last edit by MsAlba on Oct 21, '12 : Reason: Specify info