Looking For Other Pa Nurses!!!!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Looking For Other Pa Nurses!!!! in Pennsylvania Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hello all, I'm taking this chance to meet other nurses in PA. Who knows, maybe I've meant some...by Pete495 Feb 23, '03Hello all,
I'm taking this chance to meet other nurses in PA. Who knows, maybe I've meant some of you. I graduated a year ago, and meant a lot of other nursing students in clinicals, and such.
Anyway, if you're interested in joining this discussion to meet others in PA who are recent grads., leave some comments.
Anyway, I'm wondering what kinds of hours everyone else is working, where people are working, what kinds of skills you're all learning, and your current job satisfaction, etc. Right now, I work quite a number of hours in a cardiovascular surgical unit. It's pretty good experience. Sometimes I find I get taken advantage of to work a lot of hours, but most times I don't mind, cuz I get a lot of good experience. I may move on to CRNA school someday. Any body else have grad. school aspriations?
Anyway, if you're a recent grad. or from PA, join the discussion, and let people know what's out there for new grads.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=31749©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 49,188 Views
- Feb 24, '03 by RNCCRN9706I work in PA, David...where do you work?....PM me!
- Feb 24, '03 by Tim-GNPI work in PA- but i'm not that recent of a grad. I teach 4 days a week, do every othe weekend 3-11 in a hospital, and play around with my NP a couple of evenings in the week for a semi-retired physician.
I hated grad school- but what can you say.
What part of PA do you work in?
- Feb 24, '03 by caroladybelleAm in Philadelphia, as a travelor - Do I count?
Carolina of the South
(temporarily in yankee territory)
- Feb 24, '03 by BadBirdI am in Pittsburgh, anyone want to meet for lunch?
- Feb 24, '03 by RNinICUI'm about two hours East of Pittsburgh, but far from being a new grad. I work all nights in ICU. I also have relatives near Philly and York, and usually visit there several times a year.Last edit by RNinICU on Feb 24, '03
- Feb 24, '03 by KeniRNGraduated 2000. Working in Philadelphia, living in suburbs. Trying to find my niche. Working 2 jobs. One F/T days outpt, another qow/e 3-11 residential.
Want to go into perioperative nsng.
Where do you work? I have a couple of family members who are CT surgeons in PA. If you don't want to post that info you can pm me.
We should try to all meet somewhere! I like road trips!Last edit by KeniRN on Feb 24, '03
- Feb 24, '03 by cargalGraduated '96. Pgh area, hospice for 3 months and loving it. Was trying to get other Western Pa nurses together for dinner, but lately have been very distracted with family issues, mostly resolved now. See http://allnurses.com/forums/showthre...threadid=29214
- Feb 24, '03 by RNinICUI will be attending the Nursing Horizons seminar at the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing Oakland campus on March 7th. Anyone else going to be there?
- Feb 24, '03 by kayceeI work in Pittsburgh in a local ER. Not a new grad though, been working for 28yrs. Still willing to meet for lunch cargal and badbird if you're game.