Washington Redskins Cheerleader Suffers Dystonia From Flu Shot - Page 4Register Today!
- Oct 23, '09 by MandaTayeI won't be getting it...and if I was forced to inject something into my body I would quit. Period.
- Oct 23, '09 by ♪♫ in my ♥Quote from MandaTayeAnd I'd be standing right behind you, sleeve rolled up and resume in hand.I won't be getting it...and if I was forced to inject something into my body I would quit. Period.
- Oct 23, '09 by HM2VikingRNIt truly is sad that she developed this disorder. There are so many possible causes for this condition that I am uncomfortable attributing the cause of her illness to either the flu or the immunization.
- Oct 23, '09 by blondy2061hQuote from MandaTayeHaven't you already been? Haven't you been required to get PPD's? Prove immunity to measles? Rubella? Varicella?I won't be getting it...and if I was forced to inject something into my body I would quit. Period.
- Oct 23, '09 by CuriousMeQuote from blondy2061hShe might not....according to her status, she's a pre-nursing student.Haven't you already been? Haven't you been required to get PPD's? Prove immunity to measles? Rubella? Varicella?
I know my nursing school required all the things you're speaking of and my clinical sites required me to have both seasonal and H1N1 shot. Of course my school didn't require the flu shots.....but as I'm not allowed at my clinical site without proof of vaccination or documentation of a medical contraindication....there's no way to pass school without vaccination.
Who knows, maybe she'll opt to not go to nursing school.
- Oct 27, '09 by CaLLaCoDeThis is just heart breaking!
Informed decision required people:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkXNw...eature=relatedLast edit by CaLLaCoDe on Oct 27, '09
- Oct 27, '09 by nuangel1oh my god that poor girl.i don't know what else to say.
- Oct 27, '09 by TaitThat is quite bizarre.
- Oct 27, '09 by TDFlMedicRNImportant distinction is that it is a seasonal flu shot, not H1N1. Tragic story.
Our daughter developed cranial nerve VI palsy after her regular immunizations at 18 months. She had gotten her DTaP, her MMR, and her last HiB series.
There is no way of knowing for certain what will happen when we inject attenuated virii or even killed virii particles into individual human bloodstreams. Especially not so many at one time. Yet the alternatives are just as untenable.
My daughter's palsy is resolving. And we will continue to immunize - but one at a time, not in multiple doses. Our pediatrician understands.
- Oct 27, '09 by CaLLaCoDeSorry for the error, not H1N1, seasonal. My mistake~!