What are Nursing Implications?Register Today!
- by sbgrace Sep 19, '06Hey all,
Can anyone help me to better figure out what Nursing Implications are and how to go about forming them or finding them?
I understand how they apply to meds, but what about for everything else?
- Sep 21, '06 by NeoNurseTXThey're nursing responsibilities and what you as the RN should be assessing for. IE - if someone had a cardiac cath, a nursing implication of that should be to make sure they are not allergic to the contrast dye, to assess their vitals when they come back from the procedure, to check the puncture site often, teaching r/t pre and post procedure care (keeping the affected leg straight, drinking lots of water if they aren't a renal pt), checking pedal pulses, etc. It's the RN's job to do this.
- Sep 21, '06 by augigiNursing implications are the nursing-related consequences of something (a disease, a medication, a procedure). ie. not the medical side effects, but the things which may occur which are up to the nurse to resolve. To work out what they are, you need to understand about the disease, medication or procedure.
eg. a nursing implication of administering blood pressure medication is that you may make the patient hypotensive and cause dizziness etc. As a result, you would want to be on the look out for safety concerns like the patient falling over. That is a basic one, but you get the idea.
- Sep 20, '08 by khesahn68decWhere do I go to get the Nursing Implications for CVA, Scoliosis, Rheumatoid arthritis?
- Sep 20, '08 by Valerie SalvaYour text books, or google.
- Sep 20, '08 by vashteeQuote from khesahn68decMine are in the textbook. If you read the sections thoroughly, they tell you what needs to be done. You can also look at the suggested care plans.Where do I go to get the Nursing Implications for CVA, Scoliosis, Rheumatoid arthritis?
- Sep 21, '08 by khesahn68decThank you Natania---i am off and moving again.
- Oct 4, '08 by hottamale1227I am looking for a nursing implication for Bipolar disorder. Can anyone help me?????
- Nov 5, '08 by Marley1234What are nursing implications for protein in urine (pedi), with mastoiditis?
Thank you. :heartbeat
- Aug 31, '09 by specialKstudentCan anyone give me any nursing implications for administering Vancomycin (for MRSA) intravenously to a young woman in jail.