what kind of watch do you wear? - page 3
by ohmeowzer RN
i have been having alot of trouble finding a watch that can handle the rigors of being washed alot and also some of the plastic bands make me break out. i have to wear hydrocortisone creme with a bandaid under my watch or i have... Read More
- 1Feb 26, '08 by Nurse_Diane GuideI have a Timex IronMan. It is waterproof and with a very heavy plastic band and,I can wash it anytime I want. It's also digital and I have it set to military time.
If I get 'nasties' on it, I can slip it off, wash it, and "keep on tickin' "
- 1Feb 26, '08 by MNmom3boysI have a Nursemate w/ a leather band. I really appreciate the military time feature, and it has nice big numbers for dimmly lit rooms. Wish it had Indiglo, like a couple other of my watches, but they don't have military time... The Swiss Army watch earlier in the thread looked great - does it have an Indiglo type feature? (I couldn't tell from the pics, although the date feature is also very cool! - for those 11 - 7 shifts...)Last edit by MNmom3boys on Feb 26, '08
- 2Feb 26, '08 by NursePaulaI wear Fossil for a couple reasons...definitely handles the water but also the Fossil bands have added links so that you can wear it higher up on the arm a bit so that when you wash your hands you can also do the wrists...and they last for years! Love them!!! I own 6 I think....since my feet have issues and cute shoes are no longer an option I think I have switched to a watch fetish....LOL
- 1Mar 18, '08 by mrsraisinkainI use this one from Dakota Watch Company. I even paid a few extra dollars and had my name engraved on the front just in case it ever decides to try and "walk away".
- 1Mar 19, '08 by GadgetRN71I also had problems with the leather bands irritating me, so for Christmas after my first semester of NS was done, I asked for a new band. My parents surprised me with a Citizen Eco-Drive instead. This watch was pricey, but she got it at Kohl's on sale, and you never need to replace the battery(runs on light). This watch is practically indestructable.
- 1Mar 20, '08 by Ruby VeeQuote from barbyannmine is similar, and i love it. it's lasted several years now, so at $200 it was a bargain compared to the cheaper $50 watches which self-destructed early, gave me rashes or just looked cheap!
i swear by my swiss army...pricey but indestructible.