Would this be appropriate for an interview?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Would this be appropriate for an interview? in Nursing Interview Help, part of Nursing Career Advice ... My interview is in a couple of days. I'm broke. I went to Goodwill, Salvation Army, JC Penny, TJ...by Despareux Apr 9, '12My interview is in a couple of days. I'm broke. I went to Goodwill, Salvation Army, JC Penny, TJ Maxx, Walmart, Kmart, Kohls, and a few other stores in my area to find a good fitting suit. The suits I've tried on do not fit; they're either too short or too long; too tight or too loose; or just simply way too expensive. AND to top it off, I'm extremely bloated from getting ready to have my period [no doubt I'll start the day of my interview].
So, I went to Target and bought some black pants that can be dressed up or dressed down. The length is perfect and I feel absolutely comfortable in them. I also purchased a white sleeveless top that I plan on wearing under my long, belted black, light-weight, sweater. My shoes are black, casual, and flat--nothing fancy, but in good condition, comfortable, and appropriate. Would this be okay to wear to an interview?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=695434©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,755 Views
- Apr 9, '12 by DixieRedHeadYou should be fine. Good luck.
- Apr 9, '12 by leeannjamRNYour outfit sounds great to me. It's conservative, appropriate, fits well and you feel comfortable. Now go ACE that interview!! Best of luck!!
- Apr 9, '12 by sharpeimomsounds absolutely perfect to me! it's great that you feel comfortable in it because that should double your confidence.
knock 'em dead!
- Apr 9, '12 by CapeCodMermaidSounds perfect for an interview. Good luck.
- Apr 9, '12 by DespareuxOh goody! I'm feeling better about my choice already. Thank you for the encouragement.
- Apr 9, '12 by loriangel14Oh that sounds just fine. The important thing is you are wearing something you are comfortable in. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
- Apr 9, '12 by 1964nurseIt sounds great! I wore something similar and yes I also got my outfit secondhand and I felt great!! Go knock them dead girl!!!! and best wishes!!!
- Apr 9, '12 by OnlybyHisgraceRNSounds good to me. For my last interview I wore a plan black skirt ( really old) and borrowed a sweater from my fiances mom. Underneath I wore a shirt I paid 7 bucks for. Have to do what you have to do . You should be fine.
- Apr 9, '12 by evolvingrnIt's perfect, Good luck!