Another attempt to bring NCLEX to Manila
- 0Tough negotiations for Task Force-NCLEX headed by Mr. Dante Ang.
- 0Feb 7, '07 by suzanne4And the schools that were at the center of the mess in June, are still operating. There are the Filipino blogs that post test questions taken directly from the NCLEX exam on their websites along with the choices of the answers. Until this is stopped, it will be like throwing a penny in an ocean to get the exam there.
- 0Also, another review center is raided by NBI agents for copyright impringements as requested by FSBPT (NCSBN equivalent for Physical therapists). This are for the NPTE (National Physical Therapy Exam) so this will add to the problems of Mr. Dante Ang.
The article about the raid was posted on FSBT's website as well. So, everyone be careful on choosing review centers.
- 0Yes, it would be very, very difficult. The most impt. news that would prob. convince NCSBN is if those responsible for the past leakage issue are punished.
The way things are going (nothing) it sends a message that if there will be a testing center here, the old trick of letting reviewees "share" recalled questions and answer options will flourish in Manila as people doing these are left unpunished.
New nurses planning to take NCLEX in the near future might as well just pray for another Int'l testing center in the ASEAN region, such as Singapore or even Bangkok to help alleviate the traffic in the HK testing center.
- 0Feb 8, '07 by kathykayei think i got a wrong info lawrence.. i just read it from a thread here
when i got to the pearsonvue site, i think the poster was just misled. he didnt notice if nclex is given in that center...
when i checked the site, nclex is not given in the singapore center..
*hope they will soon become an nclex testing center as another alternative aside from HK..
- 0Feb 8, '07 by kathykaye:yeahthat: http://www.pearsonvue.com/servlet/vu...wscid=23943580
regarding an attempt of bringing the nclex exam to manila... i hope it will pursue to help our fellow nurses who cant afford the expenses in taking the exam in other countries..
the fact that our country has security issues in exams (local/international) like the recent news in FSBPT where a review center was raided (st.louis review center), i doubt if it will push through...
hope for the best decision that will benefit the majority...
- 0Feb 9, '07 by ricphhttp://globalnation.inquirer.net/new...ticle_id=48501
NCLEX finally coming to the Philippines -- according to a Philippine Board of Nursing member
I hope this is true!
- 0Feb 9, '07 by lawrence01This will indeed be good news for everyone if it's true. Let's just wait for the official announcement from Mr. Dante Ang himself for the details when he arrives back home.
This is very exciting but hope some don't get too excited. There will be a lag on when it will actually be fully operational.