Hi Suzanne, thanks for getting back at my thread.
Anyways, aside from the fact that she already received a request notice from NVC on the updates of their DS230 and other documents, the rest of the informations are hypothetical. I suppose she is just trying to prepare in advance by getting some advice from those who had similar experiences before.
Also, I already suggested to them to ask personally the consul during their interview so they can be guided accordingly.
She told me the main reason why they plan to delay their travel to the US is that his husband has financial credits, which he owes from his employer and has until the end of this year to pay all of the debts; else, the company will resort to legal means which then will complicate or to the point even delay their travel to the US.
Hypothetically speaking, if they get their visas by July this year and if husband continues to work until December to pay all his debt, part of their problem is resolved. However, his wife has already given birth by November, which is gives them another setback. The wife can't just leave his husband then have birth in the US for they don't have any relative there and since the husband (nurse) is the one being petitioned by the employer.
Lastly, is it true that giving birth in California is free (under state insurance) for immigrants/green cardholders? Or this apply to certain hospitals or small clinics only? What are the qualifications?