56 hours... - page 3
and no cigarettes!!!! i am almost at the 72 hour point... :bugeyes: i had a really horrible asthma attack a few days ago, went to the dr. and she said you know better than this, allison.... this is your body telling you to... Read More
- 0Apr 1, '08 by DixiecupMy husband and I want to buy a 2008 Mustang GT but the payment will be over $400 a month. we figured up we spend at least $350 a month in cigarettes!
We are going to put what we would spend on cigs in a jar every day. ( I'm sure other people have tried this) and look at it every day build up! It will be almost enough to make the payment so there's my incentive!
I hope looking at the money every day will give me willpower! I'll let you know how it goes.
- 0Apr 2, '08 by CarliestarlingARGF!! MY posy disappeared! I'l try again.
Congrats on your new and improved healthier and (aroma-improved) lifestyle!
I see you have had some awesome suggestions, but I had to add mine....
1) Gather all your ashtrays and butts and throw them in an empty coffee can. Add H20, cover. When the urge is overwhelming, open that can of death and take a big whiff. Remember, this is how you smell to your children!!
2) When the urge to retreat hits, treat yourself--even 1 hr smoke-free deserves a reward so take it! I liked to treat myself with a cuppa herbal tea (celestial seasonings worked for me) and serve it in my best china cup. (Old Country Roses)
3) This is hard, but try to stay away from your smoking friends for a few weeks. Initially the smell of them may make you vulnerable, then disgusted-- but eventually you'll get used to it. Just try not to be preachy.
Good job! You deserve a pat on the back!