Stupid things doctors do?!

  1. 0
    I have been a member of a medical website and throughout the years I have ONLY read NEGATiVE comments about nurses and how they are useless, stupid, call for stupid things, and nurses come in handy only when they wipe @$$. Doctors VS nurses...war that never has an ending.Please list some stupid things doctors have done or do. I am very curious to know, thank youI hope you all had a great Easter

  2. Enjoy this?

    Join thousands and get our weekly Nursing Insights newsletter with the hottest, discussions, articles, and toons.

  3. 33 Comments...

  4. 12
    My docs do about five smart things for every mildly annoying thing, so I guess I'll give them a pass.
  5. 15
    It has been frequently pointed out here, that it is extremely immature and devisive to put down other health care professionals.I am quite familiar with some sites with med students, and have found much of the comments juvenile ( "I owned a nurse") and offensive.Why would I lower myself to their lev?
    canoehead, Nurse Leigh, RNsRWe, and 12 others like this.
  6. 7
    I may not always agree with the doctors decisions but I wouldn't call them stupid.I have a good relationship with the ones I work with and wouldn't be so disrespectful.
    canoehead, mazy, wooh, and 4 others like this.
  7. 8
    Calling a mistake stupid is short-sighted ... will the same label apply to you one day when you are hurried, preoccupied, or simply have a different judgement than a colleague?
    canoehead, gummi bear, mazy, and 5 others like this.
  8. 8
    We all make stupid mistakes--let's not single doctors out.
    Last edit by MPKH on Apr 9, '12
    canoehead, myelin, mazy, and 5 others like this.
  9. 6
    I have got to agree with above posters. I don't feel it's Doctors vs. Nurses as much as it is Doctors and Nurses vs. a very stressful and demanding career, as well as dealing with several of the things that make us frustrated too.

    Doctors and Nurses vs. Insurances that want patients in/out as fast as possible, Administrative and Management ('BS')Frustrations, Patient Noncompliance, not-enough-hours-in-one-day, etc.

    Their are bad apples in every basket, and I'm not going to let the few, spoil the whole. Live above steriotype.

    Reminds me of a joke I heard one time: 99% of Bad Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. (once again, Joke)
    Last edit by BostonTerrierLoverRN on Apr 9, '12 : Reason: guess I had bad English Teachers, (joke)
    MzMouse, catiern, nursingforever35, and 3 others like this.
  10. 5
    I will not get into specifics here, as I do respect doctors and don't think they are "stupid" by any means, even if they at times do things that may be unadvisable. What I will say I have observed from working w/ residents and interns at a teaching hospital is at times there is a failure to see the "big picture" e.g. giving IV fluids for acute kidney injury when the patient has a hx of CHF,etc etc and so forth. But becoming a doctor as well as a nurse consists of a learning curve, and everybody--I don't care who they are--makes mistakes. Hopefully they are not mistakes that will kill someone
  11. 11
    In my job physican + RN = same team.
  12. 5
    Well put PMFB-RN! MD's assess and give their input. Us RN's are with these patient's bedside daily and do our own assessments. The Doc and I put our heads together and figure out what is best for our patient. I have been an RN for 5 years now and have only worked with Doc's where the repect is mutual. Oh and we are after all, only human. At one time or another we have all done silly or so called "stupis" things.
    canoehead, mazy, merlee, and 2 others like this.

Nursing Jobs in every specialty and state. Visit today and Create Job Alerts, Manage Your Resume, and Apply for Jobs.