Sex in the workplace.....what do YOU think should be done? - Page 19Register Today!
- May 8, '12 by jadelpnQuote from pawsomepooch47I am not sure what you mean....gossip about co-workers or bang hospitalists in call rooms?Oh, don't tell me you never do it.
That is a giant negative on both fronts, as I am at work to do my job, not get some sick kind of pleasure from humiliating my co-workers nor getting a little something-something with a bag of chips..... and i would be careful that someone doesn't overhear you and your cohorts gossip at the nurses station. Seems like there's lots of judgemental and derogatory comments going on....ever heard of slander? Good rule of thumb, speak not what you don't know, and really, do you actually hate someone that much to humilate them into what-- submission?????? Cold hearted, spiteful and just mean.
- May 8, '12 by BlueDevil,DNPQuote from ocnrn63yeah, ita. at first i thought she had just been misinformed in the way that gossip always mutates the facts, but now i think the whole thing is likely just made up. no one gets that upset over this stuff. it has to be a joke.i do think the op sounds spiteful. there's part of me that thinks we're being punk'd by the op. the part about getting the maintenance man is a bit over the top.
- May 8, '12 by HorseshoeQuote from BlueDevil,DNPNow I do respect that people have strong feelings about adultery, and everyone needs to live by their personal moral code, but some of the posts started striking me as so judgmental and self righteous, it made me think of Dana Carvey as Church Lady doing her "superior dance." I tried to get a link and post it, but dang, it's copyrighted.Yeah, ITA. At first I thought she had just been misinformed in the way that gossip always mutates the facts, but now I think the whole thing is likely just made up. No one gets that upset over this stuff. It has to be a joke.
- May 8, '12 by bagladyrnQuestion for the OP: How exactly are you impacted by this? Is your work, your patient (real, not theoretical) being influenced by their behavior? If not, why such an interest in the prurient details? Why such an investment in seeing them "punished"?
Maybe the best course of action for all would be to put their energy into doing their job and not worry about tending to other's behavior.
- May 8, '12 by Not_A_Hat_PersonQuote from morteI have a feeling the affair had been going on for a while, and the Doc had a habit of ignoring pages when his honey was around. That night was most likely the straw that broke the camel's back, and the off-duty nurse was collateral damage. When the CCU nurse got her supervisor, she was probably thinking "Doc, you have left me in the lurch for the LAST TIME!" If that was the case, I don't blame the CCU nurse one bit.The ccu nurse had an axe to grind. We, each, are responsible for our own behavior. "the morality police", strikes me as very medival/talibanish. You don't have to associate with them, in any way. Unless their behavior impinges on your rights/world, it is NOT YOUR BUSINESS.
All of this drama could have been avoided if the Doc had simply answered his pages, and kept the romance off-site. Actions have consequences.
- May 8, '12 by anotheroneQuote from ThePrincessBrideWalk in or call the supervisor, and maintanence to take down the door, not to be crude but I am suprised the whole event lasted that long. ...........It is a MYOB when it is off the facilities. I shouldn't have to go to work worrying that I may walk in on two of my colleagues having sex with each other. It is inconsiderate of them and if they didn't want this situation they should have waited until he was off duty.Jeeze. Some people...
- May 8, '12 by Pepper The CatI'm still amazed that there was a Maintenance person ON SITE during the night shift! AND - he was available and able to open a locked door. WOW!
- May 8, '12 by GadgetRN71Gossip isn't the most attractive quality either but I keep coming back to the fact that these two people were so dumb. And, at the end of the day, I'd rather be a gossip than a *****.
Now I know why some of our call rooms smell so nasty. Guess its a good thing that I always change the sheets on the beds in there too.Last edit by sirI on May 9, '12
- May 9, '12 by HorseshoeQuote from GadgetRN71Why does it have to be either/or? How about neither?Gossip isn't the most attractive quality either but I keep coming back to the fact that these two people were so dumb. And, at the end of the day, I'd rather be a gossip than a *****.Last edit by sirI on May 9, '12
- May 9, '12 by sirIWill close this thread as just about anything and everything has been said.