LPN school in Brooklyn
- 1Oct 5, '07 by BetterMeRNNew York Cityers, have you heard of a new LPN school in Brooklyn, right off Linden Blvd and Flatbush Ave. It's called ILPN, some non-nurses wanted to know if I knew anything about them...ie accredited. If anyone has any information about them, please post.
- 42,697 Visits
- 0I think my mother brought me a "brouhure" of that school a few months ago. It sounds familiar. I think it was a nine month program or something like that and up to $20 thousand. On the brochure, no where did it say that it was accrediated. My mother was told that a website was coming soon, nut I haven't seen it. I just didn't get a good feelings...maybe someone else here went to this program
Quote from BetterME29New York Cityers, have you heard of a new LPN school in Brooklyn, right off Linden Blvd and Flatbush Ave. It's called ILPN, some non-nurses wanted to know if I knew anything about them...ie accredited. If anyone has any information about them, please post.
- 0i googled the name along with brooklyn and lpn and got their address and number. [color=#333333]833 flatbush avenue, brooklyn, ny 11226, (718) 941-3024...i called and the woman who answered gave me this website for their school. she said the next class was in january: www.vtectutorials.com she said the lpn program is the only one they had an it's 10 months. silly me, i forgot to ask how much the program was, but i'm sick and my throat is killing me so i opted not to called back...checking the website now...
Quote from betterme29the full name is international languages and professional network, inc. i also tried to google found nothing. i don't live too far, i'll find out and keep you guys posted.
- 0Oct 7, '07 by BklynMamaRN07Quote from NYDreamerI don't live too far from this "school", I am familiar with where it is, but I had no idea what went on in there until I came across this thread.I don't think this school is accredited. I read the Q & A section and it looks like there are travel requirements as well. I may be wrong: http://vtectutorials.com/qa.htm
I looked at that web-site that you posted and I agree with you that it does not seem to be accredited. Actually, after reading the Q & A section, it seems that what they are doing is giving students access to on-line modules to read, and that after doing this and clinicals in foreign contries, the students become foreign nurses - who then have to contact the state's BON about steps they need to take to become US nurses.
There are also many grammatical mistakes on that site.
- 0Oct 11, '07 by BetterMeRNQuote from akaniniSo this is the school. When I went to interview with Snya's union, I was told about a school that was NOT accredited and you had to travel to Jamaica.
Yeah, heard alot especially from people in my area. You have to travel to Jamaica...not Queens...the country. I passed there, I spoke to one of their students she said she started the program and so far she had no complaints. I wished her luck.
- 0Oct 11, '07 by Infinitee07_RNQuote from BetterME29Hi all, if it's the one on top of the washington mutual bank or something..well my friend went and spoke to a rep and she told her that tuition was $9,000 (per my friend) and you have to travel to jamaica in the caribean for a week..the weird thing is that they pay your airfare and the school picks up the hotel tab..dunno..anyways it just didn't sound legit to me..oh, almost forgot my friend is currently employed at a hospital with 1199 and the union rep told her that, this particular school was not approved by them..so in other words.. you can attend classes and never get a chance to sit for the NCLEX-PN boards due to non-accreditation...New York Cityers, have you heard of a new LPN school in Brooklyn, right off Linden Blvd and Flatbush Ave. It's called ILPN, some non-nurses wanted to know if I knew anything about them...ie accredited. If anyone has any information about them, please post.