Originally posted by Jen911
I think untill you've personally been hit by depression, you can't fully understand what it feels like.
AMEN! And just so we're all on the same page, here's the criteria for depression:
Feel down and depressed, most of the day, nearly every day, for at LEAST TWO WEEKS.
Loss of interest or pleasure in things you used to like to do, FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS (we are talking no interest here, not no time
If you have either of the above and at least five of the following, you may be depressed, please see your MD!
1. SIGNIFICANT weight gain or loss when you are not dieting.
2. Sleeping too much or too little nearly every day.
3. Moving more slowly than you normally do; or being unable to sit still when you used to be able to (not just feeling restless).
4. Fatigue or loss of energy nearly every day.
5. Feeling worthless, or having excessive or inappropriate guilt (if someone else is in a bad mood, do you assume it is your fault?)
6. Less ability to think or concentrate, or being unable to make decisions (such as, what do I want to wear to work?)
7. Thinking a lot about death, thinking about suicide.
IF YOU HAVE A PLAN FOR SUICIDE, CALL SOMEONE NOW. I AM NOT KIDDING. If someone tells you they have a suicide plan, take them seriously!