Are LPN's allowed to draw blood from PICC lines?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Are LPN's allowed to draw blood from PICC lines? in Geriatric Nurses / LTC Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... At your LTC are LPN's allowed to draw blood from PICC lines? I live in Florida and anytime I have...by Blackcat99 Nov 15, '12At your LTC are LPN's allowed to draw blood from PICC lines? I live in Florida and anytime I have contacted my state board for answering any of my questions I never seem to get a straight answer from them. So please tell me what you do at your LTC. Thanks
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=797763©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,408 Views
- Nov 15, '12 by serenidad2004In iowa no
- Nov 15, '12 by CapeCodMermaidMassachusetts-the answer is No
- Nov 15, '12 by Sun0408SC is a no
- Nov 15, '12 by libran1984Indiana - yes
- Nov 15, '12 by SRK77NC - no
- Nov 16, '12 by maddock26California-no
- Nov 16, '12 by Blackcat99Thanks to all. I think I will ask my question again in the Florida nurses section and see if they know.
- Nov 16, '12 by TheCommuterIt depends on the scope of practice in the state where you practice.
In Texas, the answer is YES if the LVN/LPN has IV certification and the facility's policy allows LVNs to perform this skill.
- Nov 16, '12 by Blackcat99I have IV certification but have never drawn blood out of a PICC line. I am hesitant to do it at work until I find out if I can or can not per Florida state board of nursing. I have sent them an email asking about it but in the past when I have asked questions nobody at the state board can seem to give a yes or no answer. But I will keep trying.