How in debt were you after Nursing school?Register Today!
- by lilwonder Feb 7I'm trying to figure out how much debt I'll accumulate after completing my BSN. If my calculations are right it will be somewhere round $51 000 ! :/ How in debt were you?
- 4,039 Views
- Feb 7 by ClassyChristinaI went to a community college that was around 110$ per credit hour. I paid as I went, never took out loans. Graduated December 2012 with no debt, passed the NCLEX Jan 10th, and now have multiple job offers!Thankful I did it the debt free way.
- Feb 7 by ShaynaSmartI'm starting to get worried about that. I'll be graduating in August with my ADN and I basically just signed for my loans because at the time, I didn't have another option, no money saved up, no scholarships. Now, with my hindsight, I really wished I would have done some work-study or something! I think I'll be under the 20 k mark when I graduate.
- Feb 7 by StephalumpI'm going tuition-free for my ADN thanks to a scholarship. Then I start my BSN portion in June 2014, and that should run me around 8k. I won't have time between the programs to find a job (and have them pay for the BSN), so I'm assuming I'll end up that much in debt if I can't pay as I go.
As far as straight BSN programs, the ones around me tend to run around 20k.
- Feb 7 by Mangomonkey56Nursing degree will cost me about $15,000, but I defer the fee to a government interest free loan that I don't have to pay back until I earn over $55,000 odd. Could not afford it otherwise!!
- Feb 7 by KelRN215Around $90K. Graduated in '07 and still have around $45K.
- Feb 7 by Hygiene QueenOkay, Everybody!
Let's hear Hygiene say it again (because I've only told this 600 times since I've joined AN)
My education was FREE! FREE! FREE! Or darn close to it.
Tuition reimbursement and a scholarship through work...
Debt free, baby!
- Feb 7 by SkipsWelllll. I'm in my 3rd semester. I have four more to go. I've been paying for school via grants, out-of-pocket, and subsidized student loans. So far, I have accumulated $6,750 worth of debt. I'm trying to get scholarships, but no luck so far.