Embarrassing? (Ladies opinion) - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 20 by blacksunflowerKeep plenty of pads/tampons in your clinical bag at all times. My period likes to randomly start a week early, or come back for a few days after my period ends. I got caught off guard once, and it will never happen again.
- Jan 20 by SkipsWear a tampon with a liner underneath and don't forget to check frequently throughout the day. Also, you can wear leggings or something underneath your pants for extra protection. I always wore leggings underneath the white pants since I didn't want anyone to see my undies anyway. :P Same concept, different reason.
- Jan 20 by bubblejet50The depends are actually quite comfortable! Lol I saw a pp say the incontinence brief as could be an option. After baby number 2 I had literally no bladder control for a week. They will hold a full bladder worth of urine so im sure they will work for that time of month. They do not feel bulky as nd are comfortable. During my clinicals when I wore all white as well I used.the tampon/pad combo. I was on seasonique though and only had that bad week once a semester.
- Jan 21 by Jaynie_MarieI used to have to wear kahki colored pants at a previous job so I understand the need for a protection that won't leak! What I found works the best for me is a menstrual cup (diva/moon cup/lunette/etc)...it holds much more than a tampon and is cheaper than continuing to purchase tampons every month (more eco friendly, as well, if you're concerned about that). On my heavy days I also wear a panty liner if I know/suspect I may not be able to get to the bathroom when needed, but even so it very rarely leaks...I love it and would never even consider going back to tampons!
- Jan 21 by loriangel14Oh my I remember that. We all worried when it was that time of the month. I wore tampons and pads together, went to the bathroom to check for leakagefrequently and we all used to tell each other when we needed an extra set of eyes on our white scrubs.
- Jan 21 by chiquitapTHANKS!!! Ladies. I value each one of your opinion.Whew ! Glad I wasn't the only one with this issue.
- Jan 21 by Hygiene QueenBe mindful of your panties!
Get good ones and check that they hide-- instead of show off-- your pantyliners!
You don't want anyone to see your pad when you bend over!
I wore a flesh colored slimmer. It kept the pad in place better, was an extra layer and it was heavier than regular bloomers so the stark white pad wasn't obvious.
No woman should be forced to wear white pants.
It's almost cruel!
- Jan 21 by MsMarvel2013Quote from learning as i goI've been looking for one of these. What's the app called?Extra protection, change frequently. I also have an app to keep track of my cycles so I don't get caught off guard. My uniform is white and I haven't had an accident yet.
- Jan 21 by lalomkenYou haven't gotten in the program yet and you're worried about that? Haha you sound like me! I worried about anything and everything before I got into nursing school. First off, I ne'er understood why nursing school scrubs would be white! But, as everyone else said, def double up. You will be busy in clinical but should have enough time for quick bathroom runs-take advantage of them to change your feminine products. Best of luck!
- Jan 21 by WordWranglerFeel better? LOL. You will never be the only one worried about this in THIS profession. White scrub pants are stupid anyway. Thank goodness ours are darker, but I still double up at THAT time. It's not like we have tons of time for bathroom breaks.