Whew!! I haven't been on here in a long while but rightfully so because nursing school is no joke. I know many other people are expressing their feelings about their first semester of nursing school and so I thought I will share my experience. I have one more week left. I take my final on Tuesday! (Wish me luck!!!)
I knew nursing school was going to be hard because like many others, I came to this website for guidance and what to expect! All the stories you are reading are TRUE....LOL!
A couple of things I want to hit on:
1. As many people stated, being a A student doesn't mean a thing. I was a straight A student throughout elementary, middle, high school and college. But in nursing school, you will find yourself "settling" for a 75 on all tests.
2. No matter how much you study, you will still be a little under prepared for those tests
3. You will find yourself crying A LOT, so stack up of tissue!
4. By the end of the semester or even mid way down the semester, MANY people would have drop out but you will survive..... hopefully :)
5. Mentally prepare yourself for clinicals because its not for everybody, one of the students in my class drop the day after her first clinical. Speaking of clinicals, you might as well get use to care plans, you'll find out about those when you get in nursing school.
6. Say goodbye to your family, friends and weekends.
7. You will make alot of friends in the nursing program. They will become like family. You will car pool, study, share and many other things with these people.
8. Never give up and most importantly make sure that you are doing nursing for the right reason because trust me you will be tested on whether you really want this or not!!
Whew!! Got that off my chest! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THEIR FINALS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!- Chiquitap