Working Mon-FriRegister Today!
- by litebrightgirl Jun 29Just curious, does working Mon thru Fri make you feel less of a nurse?I work in a rehab center with e/o weekend. My coworkers say they would feel like they weren't a nurse if they worked those hours. What do you think??
- Jun 29 by mvm2I don't think your co workers make sence at all. If you are working as a nurse you should feel like a nurse. Who cares what hours, and what days you work. That has nobearing on feeling like you are a nurse. It is the place, and the work you do that make you a nurse not the hours. That's crazy.
- Jun 29 by LadyFree28Do YOU feel like a nurse....'nuff said.
Seriously, I don't know how no weekends would make one feel less of a nurse...They may like working three days versus five days-I know I would-I like four days off...but I have, and I like weekends off, soo...it really doesn't make a difference, hence my first line...let them rotate on those weekends, while you get your weekends off.
- Jun 29 by TheCommuterAs long as the state board of nursing says I'm a nurse, I'll continue to feel like a nurse regardless of the hours I choose to work.
A person is not a lesser type of nurse because (s)he might have a Monday through Friday schedule.
- Jun 30 by BrandonLPNDon't you know real nurses work every other weekend and do swing shifts and only work at the bedside? Anything less and you're not really a nurse.
- Jun 30 by Lil'mamaI think that makes no sense. A nurse is not defined by their work schedule/hours of work.
- Jun 30 by Aurora77Why would you be less of a nurse? You have a license, you are a nurse.