What makes you want to vomit? - Page 6Register Today!
- Dec 11, '12 by livRN2012Sputum. Both The real thing and the noise when it comes up. Gag. And when dentures come out with food still on them. Ughhhhh it takes a lot for me to hold in the gags.
- Dec 12, '12 by jmdRNI thought nothing, until I had the pt w/ the worst lack of hygiene EVER in my icu!!. We had to wash his feet 3 times to reduce the stench upon his arrival at 23h and day-shift (who start at 8am) were complaining about the residual stink in the unit... and wouldn't beleive that it was already 1,000,000 times better than it was when we stripped his shoes and socks off at admission.
- Dec 12, '12 by dirtyhippiegirlDebriding hand burns. Especially deep hand burns where the skin degloves off. Factor in having to remove fingernails and just...ugh. I also get antsy when doing hand dressings because I've had bits of fingers fall off during dressings. Feet and toes don't bother me 'tho.
Escharotomies are hit or miss with me. They either make me disturbingly hungry (and I've been a vegetarian for a long time!) -- or, when we're doing a lot on a single person, the burning electrical smell of the equipment predominates over the burnt flesh smell and makes me want to puke.
- Dec 12, '12 by I love my cat!Feces make me gag. Always has. Always will.
Apologizes to those who get so upset over this.
............and no, I will "get use to it".
- Dec 13, '12 by jrwestbeing a floor nurse