RN to MD programs?
- 0Mar 7, '03 by irismaehi everybody,
I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of an RN to MD program. My friend says there is such a thing, but she does not know which school offers it.
Thanks for your help
- 64,396 Views
- 0Mar 7, '03 by kittywOriginally posted by P_RN
There's one in Antigua that advertises in some of the journals. Nurse to MD in 3 years.......I think it's Health Science College or something like that. When you graduate you can work as a doctor OR NURSE!
- 0Mar 8, '03 by whipping girl in 07I have not heard of any programs that are particular to RNs bridging to MD, but there are some threads on this website that have to do with RNs who have become MDs or DOs (or are in the process):
Scroll down to SDN student forums and then take a look at Health Professionals--RN/NP and Pre-allopathic and Pre-osteopathic. There are many threads about RNs becoming doctors (some good, some negative).
Good luck to you!
- 0Mar 8, '03 by Angella WalkerTrust me, I work for a PA program, there is no such thing as a Rn-MD program. Two totally different approaches to health care. Alot of our PA students eventually go to medical school though. Essentially rendering PA school a waste of money and time. PA school credits don't transfer to med school. The students still have to take the basic medical science courses (biochemistry, gross anat, microbiology, neuroanatomy, pharmacology) like all of the other students.
Tell your friend if she wants to be an MD, go ahead and apply to medical school.
For God's sake, there are medical schools that admit students right out of high school, just to prepare them for the rigors of medical school. Med school is a completely different animal.
- 0Mar 8, '03 by getbabygirlI also thought that the site was very negative towards RN's. I think that doctors act like they are God's and nurses are more caring. Doctors are in and out. In my opinion I would consider a career in nursing instead of medicine. If its a money issue there are NP's, CRNA"s, etc. Not to hate on doctors or nothing but there website is very boring compared to allnurses.com!!!!