One night, 22 pts, 5 codes!!!Register Today!
- by Alibaba Sep 8, '07So, we had a rough night. One guy coded right @ shift change, 2hrs later another guy coded. @ 0100 a lady coded and aspirated a load of uknowwhat. Just when we thought we had gone over the hump, a guy we'd been monitoring his BP & O2 sats all noc decided it was his turn and then @ 0400 when we getting ready to do am stuff and catch up with the charting, we code another guy. And it wasn't even a full moon!!!
All this while doing 3 admissions, i&o caths Q2 on 2 people, mg+, K+ protocols and all the good stuff that come with nursing.
I am so thankful that we had a great team in last night because it could have been worse.
By 0700, we were so ready to get to the door.
- Sep 8, '07 by gizelda196Omg!!!
- Sep 8, '07 by CHATSDALEHUGS AND EMPATHY
only consolation in days like this are the next day HAS to be better
- Sep 8, '07 by Diary/DairyI am soo sorry, that sounds like the night from he$$!! Hope things get better!! :icon_hug:
- Sep 8, '07 by Tweety
- Sep 8, '07 by RN1121How many different code carts did you have or need for this? How were you able to restock the meds and supplies so quickly between each code?
Please excuse my ignorance....acute/ICU/Tele care is not my forte.......
- Sep 8, '07 by IndyYou need some beer and eggs after a night like that one! Followed by some sleep and a trip to the spa. Jeez louise.
- Sep 8, '07 by Ivana RN-BCI am suprised that you still got off at 7am. I probably would have been there until 10, trying to catch up on paperwork.
- Sep 8, '07 by indigo girlWow, you guys are really something!! Those patients are so lucky to be on a floor with a team like that. I hope all of your codes were successful.
- Sep 8, '07 by sharannGlad you ALL made it through.
May I ask what your staffing was on your shift and the preceeding one. Just curious.
Get some rest!