Is Nursing really THAT bad???Register Today!
- by johnny depp23 Aug 26, '11So, I came across this website: http://www.aboutmyjob.com/complete-l...st-of-stories/ and to my surprise, could not believe how many nurses hate their job. Go ahead, read some the stories on that site and tell me what you think about it.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=609837©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,808 Views
- Aug 26, '11 by NurseLoveJoy88In my personal opinion nursing is not that bad . However, what I read sounds pretty accurate.
- Aug 26, '11 by slackulaYes, it is that bad.
- Aug 26, '11 by JSBostonIt CAN be... the majority of healthcare facilities are really cutting budgets and it really hits nurses hard. Understaffed and working with other burnt out employees, and when healthcare is really geared now towards customer service (not just making sure patients are happy, but catering to unrealistic expectations instead of what is best for that patient)... all of this can really be a killer.
- Aug 26, '11 by prettymicaIt is what you make of it. I personally have found a specialty that I like.
- Aug 26, '11 by ScottE,RNCharles Barkley says it's turrible.
- Aug 26, '11 by jerenemarieI retired over a year ago after working full time as an RN for 28 years, was an LPN for 3 years prior to becoming an RN & was an aide prior to working as an LPN so I've been around awhile! I loved the nursing part of being an RN but hated the politics, the gossipy nurses & the whole nurses eating their young thing!
- Aug 26, '11 by That GuyThere are days I come home thinking what in the hell was I thinking.
Of course I am also redoing my house right now and it makes me so glad I went to school and am NOT doing that for a living.
Work sucks sometimes. Hopefully it has those days where it gets better and reminds you why you are doing what you do.
- Aug 26, '11 by Isabelle49Nursing evolved into something much more different than we expected it to.
- Aug 26, '11 by Jules AOverall I love it and think we are fortunate to make the money we do in times when some people aren't even able to pay their bills.