Nurses Week--What did you get?Register Today!
- by Huganurse May 9, '01Hi everyone! Just curious to see what you received for nurses week and from whom?
From management we got a name tag halyard with company name imprinted, a heart that has imprinted logo that has a retractable string for holding keys, a plastic cup from Coke that says Caring is Thirsty Work, A full dinner of New York Strip or Chicken breasts off the grill, ceasers salad, veggies, sides, dessert, and a beverage. I thought it was pretty nice of them, It was free and available to everyone, incl. family, visitors, patients, and all employees so it was like we were all celebrating today.
My Mom is proud that I'm a nurse and she also is a card nut, so I received a Hallmark from her.
- 3,813 Views
- May 9, '01 by RNCCRN9706Well let me see--from the hospital I work for the whole hospital received denim shirts with the company logo, from our union we got a lanyard to wear our name badges on, I won a t-shirt form our union, from the nursing education dept. we got a pen on a rope with the theme for Nurses Week 2001 and that's it!
Better than at the last hospital I worked at --we got NOTHING!
- May 9, '01 by moonchild20002000NOTHING!!!!!!!
- May 10, '01 by kewlnurseA licencense plate bracket that touts the Corporation, Ice Cream, and the usually ****** staffing we always have.
- May 10, '01 by HazeKfor hospital week, all staff got a barbeque luncheon (the best part being watching the administrators sweating over the outdoor grill while cooking for all of us...it's 90+ degrees in 'Vegas these days...)
all staff got a small 'personal sized' battery-powered fan, with the saying, "it's cool to work for...."
OUR department nursing administrators shelled out for stainless steel "swiss army type" folding knives with about 14 blades/tools, that are engraved with 'Nurses' Day 2001"----- very, very nice!!!
several docs brought lunches, bagels, donuts, flowers...
- May 10, '01 by ernowiOur hospital combined Nurse's week with Hospital week. "That way, no one will feel left out"...we got ice cream, breakfast served by admin, a parking lot bbq, a free lunch, and fruit/veggie trays delivered to the various departments by the CEO, CNO.
- May 10, '01 by leesonlpn.........I got a rock............
- May 10, '01 by Ann4Oooooooh! We got cookies, M&M's, and ice cream brought around to each unit and served by administration. I was off and missed it, but my friend who works in the units said our new CEO came around and didn't even speak to the nurses. Great support we have, huh?
- May 10, '01 by 123lisaI just started working for a home health agency. They sent me a card and are having a free food open house day on friday.
- May 10, '01 by natalieOne wilted rose.