I love my days offRegister Today!
This is a discussion on I love my days off in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... thats it, i just love my days off , i like working hard on my last shift and waking up having 3...by beast master RN Apr 10, '12thats it, i just love my days off , i like working hard on my last shift and waking up having 3 days off its great, sleeping in , relaxing all day, going to the beach , or just sitting around all day with my two girls , heres to days off !!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=695758©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Apr 10, '12 by VespertinasAmen! Sometimes when I'm in need of money, I think to myself that I could work 7 days if I wanted to...but when my 4th in a row comes around, all I want to do is put my feet up.
- Apr 10, '12 by akaniniI TOTALLY AGREE!!!
- Apr 10, '12 by LobotRNLove days off! Or being able to work my schedule to travel for an annual trip with my husband and kids that I have not been able to go on for three years! And finally having a few extra bucks to get a new toy that the kids and I will use at the lake often this summer. Sure, the work is super hard, but there is no way I would go back to an 8-5 MF job.
- Apr 10, '12 by mazyToday is my first day off after an exceptionally horrifying week at work. Usually when I get to my day off I'm so excited about not having to work that I can't even sleep at night. I work eves so go to bed really really late, then my eyes pop open a few hours later, and I cannot get back to sleep. So no rest for the weary today.
Then I just fuffle about the house, mess around on the internet, come to AN and cruise around in a fog, respond to dozens of posts, and then realize I'm not making any sense, then delete most of my posts, which makes my computer very confused.
I have to take a shower now, and no food in the house, so will go off and do some grocery shopping. And I'm pretty sure that the employees at the store think I'm on drugs because I usually wander around aimlessly, put food in my cart, then walk around and change my mind and take it out; then stand in the aisles staring at the ingredients in a soup can until my eyes glaze over, then get confused at the check out and change my mind half a dozen times about whether I want to really buy what's in my cart. I'm also quite sure that I talk to myself out loud.
- Apr 10, '12 by pockunitOh god, I do that and I don't even have a job yet.
- Apr 10, '12 by ColleenRN2BQuote from beast master RNYou said it!!! I got to pick my nights to work: M, T, Th. 7am on Friday my weekend begins! Of course it begins with a nap, LOL!!!!thats it, i just love my days off , i like working hard on my last shift and waking up having 3 days off its great, sleeping in , relaxing all day, going to the beach , or just sitting around all day with my two girls , heres to days off !!
- Apr 10, '12 by gvernzQuote from beast master RNI am going back monday after 3weeks on medical leave. This is the first time since 2008 that I had a long vacation. It feels so good...! I was able to organize things at home and spend quality time with family. Shopping with cousins. Enjoying the flowers as they bloom. Perfection. I normally worked 12hr shifts 3-4 days/week and on my days off I pick up shifts from my part time job. And yes, I did not have time to stop and "smell the roses".thats it, i just love my days off , i like working hard on my last shift and waking up having 3 days off its great, sleeping in , relaxing all day, going to the beach , or just sitting around all day with my two girls , heres to days off !!
- Apr 10, '12 by GitanoRNunquestionably, when i get days off in the middle of the week which happens every 3 mo. they are my favorites you see as a single parent i don't have to worry about the kids for 8 hours, or listen to a co-worker telling me stuff i'm really not interested in like "gitano i don't know why they gave her the promotion, i been hear longer than her..bla bla bla" in addition, i get to go to the beach on my own and surfboard, crank-up the volume & listen to my favorite music while i'm doing the laundry and dancing in my boxer shorts without the kids saying "dad really!!!
- Apr 10, '12 by That GuyLets see I just burned through some .308, .22 and 9mm rounds. I love my days off.