zcoil shoes?

Nurses General Nursing

Published

I was talking with my mom this morning on the phone. She is at the hospital visiting with her brother who had triple bypass surgery on Monday morning. So far, he is doing pretty good considering before the surgery he had pneumonia, was on blood thinners, had a recent stroke, and is a diabetic. I have done some reading online and even saw a video of bypass surgery where they didn't even stop the heart for surgery so I would better understand what he was going through. It really is amazing the new techniques they are coming up with. My question, however, concerns a certain type of shoes that my Mom noticed to be popular with the nurses. They are called "zcoil" shoes and they look kind of funny. They are also kind of expensive, but they are supposed to be very good for your back, posture, and feet. I was just wondering if any of you have worn these and if so, what your thoughts are regarding them.

Kimberly

I just found a website on zcoils.... wow they are different! They kinda look like you'd be at risk for a twisted ankle if you had to run down a hall with em...

Specializes in Hospice.
Specializes in Med-Surg.

Those have got to be some of the ugliest shoes ever. It seems like cords and lines would get tangled in the coil also...

Specializes in ICU.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Spoing! Spoing! Spoing! I can't imagine walking in them - you'd look like a cross betwen a lunar astronaut and a Kangaroo!!

Like I said, I know they look funny, but they are supposed to be great. I wasn't really thinking about running in them however. Maybe not such a good idea after all, huh?

Specializes in ORTHOPAEDICS-CERTIFIED SINCE 89.

They look like something in Calvin & Hobbs. SPROIIING!

https://allnurses.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19839&highlight=zcoil+shoes

Look up to the ceiling! It's a moth! It's a butterfly! No, it's Supernurse! Able to leap anything/one tall, at a single bound. Leaping for lives the professional way!?!? bounce.gif

I'd almost buy a pair to see if they're as goofy feeling as they are looking!!

Has anybody had trouble wearing the clogs that are so popular? I keep hesitating, I'm one of the clumsiest people I know!

Linda

I'm trying to picture what would happen if you got mad and stomped one foot while wearing those shoes... "Owww. I just accidently kicked myself in the face!!!"

Specializes in Corrections, Psych, Med-Surg.

Obviously a put-on.

I work with a nurse who wears Z-coils and loves them. She has been wearing for about a year now and swears by them. From what I gather, they were pretty pricey.

+ Add a Comment