AEL Crash, No SurvivorsRegister Today!
- by sjt9721 Dec 30, '07Please pray for the families, friends, and colleagues of this flight crew based at Muscle Shoals, AL.
An Air Evac helicopter searching for a lost hunter crashed around 0300 today in a wooded area in Colbert County, Alabama with no survivors. Air Evac is an air ambulance service, which also assists in search and rescue details. A man involved in the search said the Air Evac crew had spotted the man just before 0300 and were holding a spotlight on him to show ground searchers where to find him when the helicopter suddenly crashed, causing a huge explosion.
Lost in the crash were:
Pilot - Michael Baker
Nurse - Tiffany Miles
Paramedic- Allan BragwellLast edit by sjt9721 on Dec 30, '07 : Reason: spelling
- Dec 30, '07 by donsterRNThis is so tragic. God bless their souls.
- Dec 30, '07 by ukstudentMy prayers are going out to their families.
- Dec 30, '07 by Spidey's momI'm so sorry . . . .
- Dec 31, '07 by ?burntoutI live in Northwest AL and the whole tri-city community is just shocked and saddened about the crash. All the victims families are in our thoughts. It has been reported that Nurse Tiffany Miles had recently returned from maternity leave.
Here is an article from our local paper on the crash: Air Evac helicopter crashes; three die
- Dec 31, '07 by GilaRRTA condolence book is up at flightweb.com as well.
- Dec 31, '07 by BighogpeteOur thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by this terrible tragedy. Those lost paid the ultimate sacrafice to care for a person in need. They are a great loss for our community and are hearts are heavy thinking of thier families and co workers. May God surround you all with comfort in your time of need.
- Dec 31, '07 by sirIMy sincere condolences .......
- Dec 31, '07 by NREMT-P/RNIt has been a profoundly tragic and sad time for all of AEL and the entire HEMS industry.
Godspeed to the lost crew.
Let us all take a moment and be mindful of the jobs we do and all that we leave behind - we never know what the day may bring. Like all of us, this crew was made up of someone's very cherished mother, father, husband, wife, brother, sister, son, daughter, friend or respected colleague. The loss is great. Our hearts are heavy.
- Jan 7, '08 by gijoe_169I went to high school with Tiffany and my wife and I were friends of hers and Josh's. Tiffany was so sweet and engaging. Her and her husband were created for each other. I would have to say that I was impressed by her life. I would implore anybody that reads this to remember to make time for all of your friends, no matter how close you are because they may not be here tomorrow. My wife and I keep thinking about all the opportunities we could have had to spend time with Tiffany and her wonderful family.