I'm getting terminated from my first nursing job - page 5
by Nurseadam | 24,383 Views | 109 Comments
I have violated a hospital policy, not in patient care or a hippa violation, but I've made a mistake of hooking up with a coworker in the parking lot after work. This ended up to the manager, and we had a meeting with HR, and now... Read More
- 8Quote from NurseadamI agree that people shouldn't judge so much. But what you did wasn't really just "your business". By doing it where you did, you made it your employer's business, too.nurses are human too, so stop judging people. I am a patient advocate in the nursing setting, but when i clock off, i do whatever i want, it's no ones business, but i misjudged this and made a huge mistake.
- 7Jan 31, '13 by BostonFNP, MSN, DNP, NP GuideMany of my friends and RN colleagues not only m their spouses in the hospital, but *gasp* had relations with them in the hospital. Is it professional? No. Is it the right thing to do? No. Does it happen a the time between nurses, interns, residents, attendings, RTs, PTs, Pharms, etc? Yes.
Provided this person wasn't your boss, your employee, or a patient, really it's not the worst thing in the world, in my opinion. Hope you don't get fired.
If you do, maybe having a little passion in life is worth the consequences.
- 11I'm no prude, but having sex in a public place (like a hospital parking lot or a supply closet) is more than just some harmless act of passion. If this happens "all the time" where you work, it must be a very different hospital than the one I worked at.
- 5Jan 31, '13 by hiddencatRNQuote from SionainnRNThey can give out any truthful information they want. Most places have a policy to confirm dates, salary and rehireability though, but that's a facility choice, not a law.All HR can say if you are fired is that you were terminated and whether or not you're on the do not rehire list. I don't think they are allowed to give out the details of your firing.
- 0Jan 31, '13 by NurseadamQuote from BrandonLPNi never said it happens all the time where i work. it's a mistake, i got it.I'm no prude, but having sex in a public place (like a hospital parking lot or a supply closet) is more than just some harmless act of passion. If this happens "all the time" where you work, it must be a very different hospital than the one I worked at.
- 8Jan 31, '13 by Boog'sCRRN246What a leap. I hope you're not trying to group yourself with HIV patients and drug addict patients as those are legitimate conditions. Getting busted for hooking up in a parking lot doesn't spark a lot of compassion in me. Sorry. Hope you learn from your actions and it doesn't affect future employment.
Quote from Nurseadamso you must not have compassion for HIV and drug addicts patients then. some of you shouldn't be nurses with all this dumb judgement on people. get out of this thread with your negative energy, im already devastated.
- 5Quote from NurseadamI was referring to BostonFNP's post where he/she said hanky panky happens all the time between coworkers. Must be one of those sexy TV hospitals!i never said it happens all the time where i work. it's a mistake, i got it.