I'm getting terminated from my first nursing job - Page 5Register Today!
- Quote from NurseadamI agree that people shouldn't judge so much. But what you did wasn't really just "your business". By doing it where you did, you made it your employer's business, too.nurses are human too, so stop judging people. I am a patient advocate in the nursing setting, but when i clock off, i do whatever i want, it's no ones business, but i misjudged this and made a huge mistake.
- Jan 31 by BostonFNPMany of my friends and RN colleagues not only m their spouses in the hospital, but *gasp* had relations with them in the hospital. Is it professional? No. Is it the right thing to do? No. Does it happen a the time between nurses, interns, residents, attendings, RTs, PTs, Pharms, etc? Yes.
Provided this person wasn't your boss, your employee, or a patient, really it's not the worst thing in the world, in my opinion. Hope you don't get fired.
If you do, maybe having a little passion in life is worth the consequences.
- I'm no prude, but having sex in a public place (like a hospital parking lot or a supply closet) is more than just some harmless act of passion. If this happens "all the time" where you work, it must be a very different hospital than the one I worked at.
- Jan 31 by hiddencatRNQuote from SionainnRNThey can give out any truthful information they want. Most places have a policy to confirm dates, salary and rehireability though, but that's a facility choice, not a law.All HR can say if you are fired is that you were terminated and whether or not you're on the do not rehire list. I don't think they are allowed to give out the details of your firing.
- Jan 31 by MulanBy the way, what happened to the coworker you hooked up with?
- Jan 31 by NurseadamQuote from BrandonLPNi never said it happens all the time where i work. it's a mistake, i got it.I'm no prude, but having sex in a public place (like a hospital parking lot or a supply closet) is more than just some harmless act of passion. If this happens "all the time" where you work, it must be a very different hospital than the one I worked at.
- Jan 31 by Boog'sCRRN246What a leap. I hope you're not trying to group yourself with HIV patients and drug addict patients as those are legitimate conditions. Getting busted for hooking up in a parking lot doesn't spark a lot of compassion in me. Sorry. Hope you learn from your actions and it doesn't affect future employment.
Quote from Nurseadamso you must not have compassion for HIV and drug addicts patients then. some of you shouldn't be nurses with all this dumb judgement on people. get out of this thread with your negative energy, im already devastated.
- Quote from NurseadamI was referring to BostonFNP's post where he/she said hanky panky happens all the time between coworkers. Must be one of those sexy TV hospitals!i never said it happens all the time where i work. it's a mistake, i got it.