Triage complaints- the good, the bad, and the shocking. - page 5
by canoehead | 122,998 Views | 333 Comments
"I was raped by an octopus." "I have severe, severe, severe, SEVERE, SEVERE cold sores!" (five severes, I counted. And one cold sore visible.) Discuss.... Read More
- 6Jan 7, '13 by monkeybug(I worked in L&D, we have our own triage.)
Pregnant woman in by ambulance at 3am. Her arrival was followed very shortly by the arrival of FIVE relatives who drove a private vehicle to follow the ambulance. Pt.'s ambulance ride started over 60 miles away (we are the only hospital with L&D for a huge area). I walked in and said, "So what brings you in tonight?"
"I have a yeast infection."
Did you call your doctor during office hours? Nope. Did you try OTC Monistat? "No, I would have to pay for that." Why the ambulance? "Well, my family was nervous."
I did a wet prep, woke up a very angry doctor, and discharged her home with instructions to get OTC monistat, the doctor refused to write a rx after he heard the story. Yes, of course, Medicaid.
- 10Jan 7, '13 by That Guy, BSN, RN, EMT-B"I have a temp of 100 for an hour"
"Have you taken any tylenol or motrin?"
"No thats why I came here"
WHAT!!!!!!!! You are raking in a $1000 bill that you wont pay because you cant afford the $3 it takes to buy OTC tylenol yet you smoke 2 packs a day that = roughly $10.
Nursing destroys my compassion and understanding sometimes.
- 5Jan 7, '13 by BCgradnurse GuideOne of my all time favorites was a man brought in around 8 AM with a head lac. He was intoxicated and got in a fight with another guy while attending a "Legs and Eggs" show. Legs and Eggs is a "breakfast" show at a nearby strip club. Who knew?
- 4Jan 8, '13 by HagabelTonight:
I have sunburnt feet...seriously.......... healthy person with red legs at 11pm at night in summer
I hurt my foot.......pt has not had a shower in possibly months, drunk and feet so skanky I cold not see anything except dirt and hard skin
Abdo pain X 4 years
The broken little toe after stubbing it who calls an ambulance and brings her kid with her late at night leaving a houseful of people and cars in the driveway.
And the 2 pts in a 100kmh high speed rollover who walked away!!!!!Last edit by Hagabel on Jan 8, '13
- 3Jan 8, '13 by psu_213, BSN, RN"I've had abdominal pain and vomiting for months. I see my doctor tomorrow, but I can't wait that long. I had to come to the ER now 60 days in a row." (my emphasis...but she did say 'had')
Well, she was not lying about the 60 days in a row part. P.S she had to come each of those days by ambulance--sometimes multiple times each day to multiple ERs. Each by EMS.