Great moments in bad judgement
- 14Apr 24, '12 by emtb2rnReaching under commercial lawn-mower to remove stick. Mower running. Started with 10, ended with 6.
- 9Apr 24, '12 by silverbat, ASN, RN"dropped sppon into running garbage disposal and tried to pull it out"- ouch-
I worked in a factory where an employee used an electric screw gun to put a screw into her finger, then after returning to work later that day with her finger in a metal protective guard, put another screw into the same finger-
- 7Apr 24, '12 by LaughingRNLeft hand amputee in for non related issue, over the course of casual conversation:
Me: "Why did they amputate your hand sir?"
Patient: "I stuck my hand into a clogged meat grinder 15 years ago"
- 10Apr 24, '12 by BostonTerrierLoverRNMan trying to find a gas leak with a coleman lantern.
Woman "trying to look underneath the front of my car" to see why the brakes weren't working right.
Man sawing through 5 foot sewage pipe suspended 2 stories off ground, sitting on the nonsecured side.
- 13Apr 24, '12 by RNperdiemMy sister's ED story: The doctor told my sister to go x-ray the man with the snake bite. She walks in to find a man sitting down with a screwdriver sticking out of his leg.
"Doc, are you sure this is the snake bite patient?"
"Ya, dis de snake bite man"
The guy had taken a stab at the snake that bit him and stabbed himself.