Great moments in bad judgementRegister Today!
- by emtb2rn Apr 24, '12Reaching under commercial lawn-mower to remove stick. Mower running. Started with 10, ended with 6.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=701704©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 41,382 Views
- Apr 24, '12 by Esme12I'm particularly fond of the blocked snow blower and the patient comming to the hospital, no offense usually male, with their hand in a bloody towel....."I made a stupid mistake".
- Apr 24, '12 by mds1"dropped sppon into running garbage disposal and tried to pull it out"- ouch-
I worked in a factory where an employee used an electric screw gun to put a screw into her finger, then after returning to work later that day with her finger in a metal protective guard, put another screw into the same finger-
- Apr 24, '12 by imintrouble"I stopped taking that medicine because it made me pee all the time."
Admission Dx: CHF with 4+ edema.
- Apr 24, '12 by LaughingRNLeft hand amputee in for non related issue, over the course of casual conversation:
Me: "Why did they amputate your hand sir?"
Patient: "I stuck my hand into a clogged meat grinder 15 years ago"
- Apr 24, '12 by RNsRWeI find some of the best ER stories are preceded by some buzzed yokel saying "hey, Bob, watch this!"
- Apr 24, '12 by BostonTerrierLoverRNMan trying to find a gas leak with a coleman lantern.
Woman "trying to look underneath the front of my car" to see why the brakes weren't working right.
Man sawing through 5 foot sewage pipe suspended 2 stories off ground, sitting on the nonsecured side.
- Apr 24, '12 by That Guy*insert object name here* inserted squarely up the butt......"I fell on it". Uh huh you have barbie dolls just littered around your house huh.
- Apr 24, '12 by Julie19Quote from That GuyHahahaha!*insert object name here* inserted squarely up the butt......"I fell on it". Uh huh you have barbie dolls just littered around your house huh.
- Apr 24, '12 by RNperdiemMy sister's ED story: The doctor told my sister to go x-ray the man with the snake bite. She walks in to find a man sitting down with a screwdriver sticking out of his leg.
"Doc, are you sure this is the snake bite patient?"
"Ya, dis de snake bite man"
The guy had taken a stab at the snake that bit him and stabbed himself.