School books/supplies are too expensive!Register Today!
- by brian Jul 13School is around the corner. Have you purchased your school supplies? Laptop, smartphone, books, etc ... it all adds up. How much was your total?
Click Like if you enjoyed it. Please share this with friends and post your comments below! Want more nursing cartoons?
- 3,440 Views
- Jul 14 by NovoI can't afford textbooks, sometimes you can find me in dimly lit corner of my school soliticing my classmates to borrow their textbook. No really, I'm serious.
Actually the most annoying thing is blowing 150$ on a textbook only to find out half way through the semester that it's still in it's saranwrap because the teacher uses powerpoints as test material. *****
- Jul 14 by lorirn2bThank God for half.com and Amazon. The first semester expenses, when you count health exams, shoes, scrubs, background check/drug screen, supplies and textbooks, is just crazy. I have to win the lottery just to pay for nursing school. All out of pocket for me.
- Jul 14 by BuckyBadgerRNI was able to buy many of my books from a friend who graduated a year ahead of me. she was happy to unload them and make a few bucks and I was thrilled with the savings! I spent $160 and got almost everything I needed for my final year!
- Jul 14 by helen09So far ( 2 semesters in) made it without a laptop or a smartphone, -- have a computer at home. Books and supplies are about 800 a semester bought at a college bookstore. They change up books every semester and put it in a bundle, so everyone absolutely has to buy it there... Access codes to HESI and SIMCharts are included, otherwise I would have to fish for those separately somewhere.
Don't buy pre-req books -- renting is a way to go.Last edit by helen09 on Jul 14
- Jul 15 by teacher08Thank God all my books and tuition for the RN program was free. The books are extremely expensive!
- Jul 15 by SE_BSN_RNSome of my books I bought, and some I rented. Abe books and textbookx.com have good prices. I didn't get ANY of my books off the school website! Also check craigslist!
- Jul 15 by Castillejo27I bought them on amazon! They were way cheaper there than my schools store. ..I just had to buy one text from the school because I couldn't find it on Amazon. I'm spending around 500 $ on books. I still have to buy a rolling back pack, writing supplies, scrubs, shoes, etc