School books/supplies are too expensive!
- 13Jul 13, '13 by brian AdminSchool is around the corner. Have you purchased your school supplies? Laptop, smartphone, books, etc ... it all adds up. How much was your total?
Click Like if you enjoyed it. Please share this with friends and post your comments below! Want more nursing cartoons?
Last edit by Joe V on Jan 18, '14
- 4,880 Views
- 5Jul 14, '13 by NovoI can't afford textbooks, sometimes you can find me in dimly lit corner of my school soliticing my classmates to borrow their textbook. No really, I'm serious.
Actually the most annoying thing is blowing 150$ on a textbook only to find out half way through the semester that it's still in it's saranwrap because the teacher uses powerpoints as test material. *****
- 5Jul 14, '13 by lorirn2bThank God for half.com and Amazon. The first semester expenses, when you count health exams, shoes, scrubs, background check/drug screen, supplies and textbooks, is just crazy. I have to win the lottery just to pay for nursing school. All out of pocket for me.
- 4Jul 14, '13 by Annachu512I buy one edition back so instead of paying 180 for my nursing book I paid 17 dollars. I have used previous editions in past semesters and it worked out just fine. I have paid maybe 80 bucks total the last 3 semesters.
- 2Jul 14, '13 by BuckyBadgerRNI was able to buy many of my books from a friend who graduated a year ahead of me. she was happy to unload them and make a few bucks and I was thrilled with the savings! I spent $160 and got almost everything I needed for my final year!
- 4Jul 14, '13 by helen09So far ( 2 semesters in) made it without a laptop or a smartphone, -- have a computer at home. Books and supplies are about 800 a semester bought at a college bookstore. They change up books every semester and put it in a bundle, so everyone absolutely has to buy it there... Access codes to HESI and SIMCharts are included, otherwise I would have to fish for those separately somewhere.
Don't buy pre-req books -- renting is a way to go.Last edit by helen09 on Jul 14, '13
- 2Jul 15, '13 by Castillejo27I bought them on amazon! They were way cheaper there than my schools store. ..I just had to buy one text from the school because I couldn't find it on Amazon. I'm spending around 500 $ on books. I still have to buy a rolling back pack, writing supplies, scrubs, shoes, etc