Does your workplace have a Suggestion Box?
- 8Sep 27, '13 by brian AdminLove this one! Does your workplace have a Suggestion Box? I'm guessing most places don't have a Suggestion Box because they are afraid of the amount of ideas coming from nurses. What do you think? Do you have any ideas to share?
Click Like if you enjoyed it. Please share this with friends and post your comments below!
Want more nursing cartoons?
- 2,755 Views
- 8Sep 27, '13 by FlatlanderAfter working 12 hours with a 20 minute break for "lunch," which felt stolen rather than given, I saw an email from the manager asking for feedback on the question: "What do you think are the causes of fatigue among nurses?"
How can anyone be so out of touch? And what can you do in the face of that, but laugh? Thanks for the cartoon.
- 2Sep 27, '13 by KelRN215We had one briefly when I worked in the hospital. Then management realized they didn't really want to hear our suggestions. They did once implement a suggestion I had... they claimed they were going to give a "prize" to whomever made a suggestion to save the unit money that actually worked. 5 years later and I never got any prize...
- 3Sep 29, '13 by Hygiene Queen GuideQuote from VivaLasViejasHilarious!One time our administrator opened ours to find a dried-out piece of chicken that one of the SNF patients had put in it, evidently to express his/her displeasure at the quality (or lack thereof) of the food.
Better that they were expressing their displeasure regarding the quality of the food, than expressing their displeasure regarding the quality of the incontinence briefs.
It is entirely believable to me that somewhere, sometime... somebody has found something dried out in the suggestion box... and it wasn't chicken... or brownies.
- 1Oct 2, '13 by cdsgaWe do have lots of suggestions. Here are some of the responses you may hear: 1) that's a great idea, write up a proposal and present it and then we'll let you know; 2) we have to clear that with HR and administration; 3) we've tried that before; and 4) that is not going to happen
All self-defeating, non supportive and placed in a bureaucracy that allows good ideas to wither on the vine. Transformational, innovative energetic people/leaders are needed to support and allow nurses to do what comes naturally solve problems and improve efficiency and save money. Makes one think that these items are not as important as we are led to believe.