Coffee is my medicine - Page 3Register Today!
- Sep 29, '12 by LPNnowRNAt least two pots per day. I justify it because I use half milk in every cup so it's healthy calcium intake. I can drink coffee and go straight to bed, no problem. Love the picture--I always joke about needing a coffee IV!!Last edit by LPNnowRN on Sep 29, '12 : Reason: Spelling
- Sep 29, '12 by RoncolonSo true, can't functon without coffeeQuote from brianThey say that coffee drinkers, compared to nondrinkers, are:
- less likely to have type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and dementia
- have fewer cases of certain cancers, heart rhythm problems, and strokes
- Sep 29, '12 by JavaWenchMy screen name is probably comment enough, but I was the owner of a coffee house before the economy tanked me. Now I'm a Nursing Student. You can imagine how much coffee I go through. I'm waiting for my family to hold an intervention, but I think they believe its safer to their health to just let me have the java.
- Sep 29, '12 by emmyersI used to manage an Italian Coffee shop, and as much as I love it, the acidity in coffee gives me heartburn. So now I just take Guarana supplements as needed
- Sep 29, '12 by nursel56I need my coffee! When I have bloodwork that requires fasting, I pretty much have my coffee at the ready. Blood goes out, coffee goes in . . .and there is such a large variety of gizmos to make it in now!
- Sep 29, '12 by redhead_NURSE98!With so many replies I came here expecting a debate. I'm not disappointed though, you all are hilarious!
I love coffee, but it makes me even more overheated than I already am so I don't get to drink much of it. Love it!
- Sep 29, '12 by libbyliberalCoffee is not my medicine, it's my oxygen.
- Sep 30, '12 by VonNovaI used to drink so much coffee during nursing school, to the point where caffeine had little effect on me. So I started drinking red eyes instead (drip coffee plus an espresso shot... or two, haha). If I didn't sleep enough the night before clinical, I would even try caffeine gum because the effect is instantaneous: Amazon.com: STAY ALERT Military Caffeine Energy Gum - CINNAMON - TRAY (24 packs 5pc) - 100mg Caffeine per piece: Health & Personal Care. As you can imagine I was always sleep deprived and very unhealthy for most of nursing school... but I figured my health was a small price to pay for safe patients and good grades!
Now that I've graduated I drink a lot less, maybe 1-2 cups a day with lots of milk and a hazelnut shot.
- Sep 30, '12 by FDW630I don't know how people drink it all the time! I could use the energy I get from a cup or five before school/clinical, but between the urgent stomach issues and the hot flashes/sweats it gives me, I think I'd be worse off. Bummer! I do get to use it on my days off (what's that?) to speed-clean my neglected house and stay awake to read and study. Just gotta stay home so I don't look cracked out in public.