Am I In or Nah??

Nursing Students General Students

Published

Hello Everyone

I need your opinions on this letter I received from my nursing school of choice. I need honest feedback because I don't know if it means I am accepted contingent on my grades at the end of the semester or if it could mean someone else can make better grades than me and take my spot. I did crop out the name of the school for privacy. Please help!

Nursing Student,

Based on your midterm grades you have been conditionally selected into the LPN-RN Nursing Program for the Spring of 2019. Because State Board of Nursing requires applications to be submitted 60 days before the start of a clinical class we must begin the process before final selection is made.

No one will be officially accepted until final grades are submitted, therefore, there is a chance you will go through the process of application with SBN and not be accepted into the Nursing Program.

Hello Everyone

I need your opinions on this letter I received from my nursing school of choice. I need honest feedback because I don't know if it means I am accepted contingent on my grades at the end of the semester or if it could mean someone else can make better grades than me and take my spot. I did crop out the name of the school for privacy. Please help!

Nursing Student,

Based on your midterm grades you have been conditionally selected into the LPN-RN Nursing Program for the Spring of 2019. Because State Board of Nursing requires applications to be submitted 60 days before the start of a clinical class we must begin the process before final selection is made.

No one will be officially accepted until final grades are submitted, therefore, there is a chance you will go through the process of application with SBN and not be accepted into the Nursing Program.

They're pretty clear that your spot is not guaranteed. As far as the specifics go, I think you'd have to ask them about that.

Specializes in Travel, Home Health, Med-Surg.

Sounds like admission is contingent on only your grades but agree with SourLemon that you need to check with admissions. Just call and ask. Hoping you make it!

Specializes in Pediatrics, Pediatric Float, PICU, NICU.

Yea this seems very straight forward in regards to their wording that you are not guaranteed a spot - that's literally the last sentence. Call and speak to them to find out the specifics.

Specializes in OB-Gyn/Primary Care/Ambulatory Leadership.

Sounds to me like you've been selected, assuming you maintain your current grades.

Specializes in Critical Care; Cardiac; Professional Development.

Selected but able to be NOT selected if you self destruct between now and then.

You have been "conditionally accepted," meaning that they selected you, BUT, since they begin the process so early they will have to revisit everyone's grades again before final selection will be made. So keep those grades up! Good luck!!!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I did speak with the admissions office who told me that they don't expect much to change when it comes to selection. She said if anything our rankings may change but that's about it. She then said to me "you are finished with all your prerequisite so I think you should be good." Hopefully I am not reading into it too much.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I did speak with the admissions office who told me that they don't expect much to change when it comes to selection. She said if anything our rankings may change but that's about it. She then said to me "you are finished with all your prerequisite so I think you should be good." Hopefully I am not reading into it too much.

You're accepted, but you can still screw it up, basically.

Don't fail any prereqs (just don't fail any classes), don't drop below the minimum GPA, and do whatever your state requires for being cleared to do clinicals (probably a background check, drug test, immunizations, stuff like that).

That was your acceptance letter, unless your school is run by terrible people.

This is a common way of being accepted. It means that you're in, but there's probably a whole process with the BON / clinical sites that you have to do and be cleared before you can be officially accepted. And ofc your school still needs their final grades to make sure that everyone they accepted still meets their criteria.

Specializes in Emergency Department.
Selected but able to be NOT selected if you self destruct between now and then.

This is what that letter means. As long as your grades hold, you'll be good to go. They're giving themselves some wiggle-room to NOT accept you. Don't slack off because you go this letter. You haven't crossed the finish line even though you can see it...

Specializes in Psychiatry, Community, Nurse Manager, hospice.

This is your acceptance letter. Acceptances are always conditional, this school is just spelling that out.

Congratulations!

Thanks to all who posted! This school only accepts 10 LPN's. This is my first time applying there but my 3rd time trying all together for the RN program ( I tried twice at another school and didn't make it). I am only taking a 1 credit hour course right now, and I have a B in that. We now have two weeks of school left so Im hoping for the best.

+ Add a Comment