Staff & Parents

Specialties School

Published

So for my job eval as part of my goals an intervention of my goal I have to send out a parent news letter with healthy tips and ideas. I am in middle school 7&8 grade. Ideas on what should I include? Do you have any examples I could see? Also I have to include healthy tips for staff members for their own health and how to keep students healthy while at school. Any thoughts?

Take a look on Pinterest- lots of stuff there!

Specializes in pediatrics, school nursing.

While it may open a Pandora's box, I feel like that is a prime time to educate parents on the differences between hormone driven emotions and actual psych problems (depression, anxiety, etc) rearing its ugly head. The kids don't know what's going on either way.... Can you collaborate with an adjustment counselor/guidance counselor or school psychologist?

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

We are having a health education week in October and we will be inviting the counselor one day to speak with students on importance of mental health, nutritionist to talk about healthy eating, Dental Hygienist from a Dentist office near by will come to do a presentation to our students, Texas children's coming for immunizations for our students and ending the week with a health fair.

How about, EAT BREAKFAST.

I swear...

Reasons to keep their sick, yucky, germ infested child at home!

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

Find some canned message, submit it and forget it...because the majority of newsletters go straight into the trash can.

Specializes in kids.

Vaping great resources on the NASN website as well

Specializes in Peds.

I do a monthly newsletter as well and tie in what is hot that month. Such as, October is Dental Health Month so I have included dental hygiene tips and such. Look at what "awareness" coincides with the month you are working on. Breast Cancer Awareness month, you can include how and when to do breast exams and show statistics. My staff love it and they actually read it!

Find some canned message, submit it and forget it...because the majority of newsletters go straight into the trash can.

This is the right answer.

+ Add a Comment