Do nurses get away with nurse brutality

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Nurses like police are supposed to remain calm and professional at all times. What someone sees is a matter of perspective. We can close the curtain, so that 6 person team to give a combative patient handol is not displayed on the news. Or straining someone's grandma to put in a ng tube.

If the public saw what we had to do would we too be accused of brutality?

Of course not.

If a patient refuses an intervention, I document refusal and notify the MD.

Ugg...If we are going down this road, I'm out.

BTW, I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with anyone's particular viewpoint on the issue...I just think that AN is not the correct forum for a debate on the appropriateness of police actions.

That type of discussion would be more appropriate in this part of the forum:

US Political Opinions and News | allnurses

Yes, some of the things we do are misunderstood by families.

Families report their loved ones being thrown around the bed, or being talked to meanly, or the staff wasn't behaving sad enough at the deathbed.

We don't know from these second hand reports what actually happened.

People in crisis have different perspectives than in a non-stressed state.

What goes on behind closed doors stays behind closed doors.....:roflmao:, can we PLEASE close this post it is emabrassingly STUPID.

Where is Davy Do when we need him?

"handol"...Nurse? I don't think so, just nurse bait...

I thought the same when the OP talked of "straining" a patient

Muno, your comments reminded me of a video by ZdoggMD "Ain't the Way to Die". Most of his stuff is sarcastic/funny, but this video made me cry. I wish family members watched it prior to visiting. Here's a link:

Buckeye thank you so much for this. It's the best

One he's ever made IMO. I'm sharing it with all my family and friends now :)

Patient dignity and privacy should be protected at all times! I have had and have had family exposed that was totally unnecessary in medical procedures all because someone did not take the time to make the door stayed closed, the curtain was pulled or the patient covered with a sheet before leaving a room or being transported. Unless a life is truly saved there is no reason for a patient to be put on exhibit.

The same a medical personnel need to be protected.

Once again this forum is for Nurses and nursing Students. We are professionals who come together to vent and laugh and seek advice among those who DO UNDERSTAND. So please *try to understand* and refrain from posting on a nursing site.

I find your cop apologist attitude reprehensible.

I find your attitude and disrespect for a fellow nurse reprehensible.

Specializes in RETIRED Cath Lab/Cardiology/Radiology.

Thread closed for review.

+ Add a Comment