Whoops...

Specialties School

Published

...stuck a microwavable heat/cool pad in the microwave for an earache...set the "cook time" for ONE MINUTE....:eek::nailbiting: I kept thinking "man, this feels like its taking forever..." needless to say, I had a pretty significant balloon on my hands for a hot minute (get it?!).

Anyone else glad it's Friday??? ;):yes:

Specializes in kids.

Oopsie!! at least it did not catch on fire!!! TGIF!!

Specializes in School Nursing.

One of my gluten free kids came and pulled one of their frozen cupcakes from the freezer and defrosted it in my microwave, (we let them keep stuff here for when peers bring in classroom treats so they can still have a treat with the room). Pretty sure she did a minute defrosting and burned the cupcake liner, but my office smelled like a delicious bakery for like 3 days and it was GLORIOUS

Oopsie!! at least it did not catch on fire!!! TGIF!!

YES! Though my immediate concern was it popping! I just slowly closed the microwave door and let it rest until it went back down!

One of my gluten free kids came and pulled one of their frozen cupcakes from the freezer and defrosted it in my microwave, (we let them keep stuff here for when peers bring in classroom treats so they can still have a treat with the room). Pretty sure she did a minute defrosting and burned the cupcake liner, but my office smelled like a delicious bakery for like 3 days and it was GLORIOUS

Hahaha oh no!! But woohoo for a yummy smelling office!!

Specializes in NCSN.
YES! Though my immediate concern was it popping! I just slowly closed the microwave door and let it rest until it went back down!

:roflmao: :roflmao:

I would've done the same while praying for it not to explode lol

Guilty here of the same thing!

Specializes in Home Health,Dialysis, MDS, School Nurse.

I did this the first time I ever warmed one up. I didn't know how long, so I just figured - I put my little rice packs in for a minute, I'll do the same. Umm, nice little bulging ball of ice pack. I'm surprised I didn't blow it up!

I did this the first time I ever warmed one up. I didn't know how long, so I just figured - I put my little rice packs in for a minute, I'll do the same. Umm, nice little bulging ball of ice pack. I'm surprised I didn't blow it up!

Hahaha SAMESIES! Except this wasn't my first time heating one up...not real sure where my head was this morning but it clearly wasn't capable of warming up a heat pad!

Specializes in School Nurse, past Med Surge.

I've made one explode that way once.

Specializes in Med-Surg, CCU and School Nurse.

One day, I was heating up food on a paper plate in my office. I bring in extra plates from my kiddos birthdays, etc... and this one was a glitter/sparkle princess plate. Not thinking, I put it in the microwave and the glitter edge caught fire. Like, extinguish in the sink fire. My whole office and school main hallway smelled. For whatever reason, the fire alarm did not go off, thank goodness. It was freezing outside, the fire department would have came and everyone would know that it was my fault. I live in a small town, so yes, EVERYONE would have known.

+ Add a Comment