Accepted my first position!

Specialties NP

Published

Still kind of in shock over it, but they were practically offering me a job before I got out the door of the first interview. This was my first offer (which makes me kind of nervous) and while I have numerous places in multiple stages of the interview process around the country, this was an hour away and was hard to turn down. All of those places gave me their rough numbers in phone interviews so I had a rough idea where to shoot for.

Expectation is 18-20 patients per day with the option of 5 8s or 4 10s. Ramp up is 6 months with goal expectations yet to be worked out. They offered 90k/10 pto/5days-$1500 CME and other typical benefit packages. I asked for 100k/15days pto and they accepted. Its a growing group with 4 clinics and they are in the process of building a new one. So solid job security. And I got really good impressions from all of the staff I met. Pretty stoked.

Specializes in Psychiatric and Mental Health NP (PMHNP).

Congratulations! Best wishes!

Specializes in Family Nurse Practitioner.

Congratulations!

Specializes in Adult Primary Care.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU.
Specializes in allergy and asthma, urgent care.
Specializes in ER/trauma, IV, CEN.

:up:That is awesome, good luck to you!

Congratulations! What state is this? I am going to be graduating soon and feel like noone talks about salary and benefits as a new graduate. I don't want to overshoot with negotiating but also don't want to sell myself short either. Any tips??

Congratulations! What state is this? I am going to be graduating soon and feel like noone talks about salary and benefits as a new graduate. I don't want to overshoot with negotiating but also don't want to sell myself short either. Any tips??

This is in Michigan. Job market here is tight and I was lucky to find it. At the time I had multiple options in various stages of negotiation across the country. My tips are be willing to relocate, have as many options available with knowledge of what each of their "average" range is for a new grad is, and don't be hesitant to ask for higher than that. They told me their average is 85-95....offered 90 and I countered with 100 and more days of leave and they jumped on it. Now my background in pain helped because their primary care clinics are in need of someone who has helped manage chronic/acute pain. But it was easier to come back with my numbers when I knew other places were willing to meet/exceed their offer and pay for relocation.

+ Add a Comment