What's the nicest thing a parent said to you?

Specialties School

Published

A parent said I was brilliant. And it was said in a scorching British accent so it made me so haaaapppy!

Specializes in School Nurse.

"Thank you, you were right."

Specializes in IMC, school nursing.

"You are such a blessing to this school".

Along the same line of others, "we are going to homeschool our child."

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

Got a hug yesterday from a mom who brought her kid medicine. She said it was because I was "kind." I don't remember being particularly helpful to the kid; I do remember having a discussion about being overachievers and sometimes we have to slow down and rest. Or maybe it was because of the shooting in Florida. But a hug is good medicine.

Specializes in kids.

"You saved my childs life"...

New onset pistacchio allergy, used my stock Epi

"Thank you for all that you do" while handing me a box (which I later found contained a bottle of wine). This parent's child has had a few medical procedures this year and has been in & out of my office for pain management.

Specializes in Med-surg, school nursing..

Another post reminded me:

I emailed my TID kiddos dad about a question regarding something I knew he would know about (it's his job, I knew he'd have the info I'd need). He then directed me to another person and said "Make sure you tell him you our kids second mom, he will treat you right!" It just made me smile. I do love those kids. And I am so blessed to work with them. It's good to know that they completely trust me with their most prized treasures.

+ Add a Comment