University of Phoenix MSN Program

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

:welcome:

I would like to use this thread for all of us attending or having attended UofP.

I am going to begin classes in August of this year in the MSN/ED program.

I would love to hear from different people who are in different stages of the program and what they have liked and hated.

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT GONE THROUGH THE PROGRAM AND ONLY WANT TO SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT THE SCHOOL.

I hope other U of P alumni will get involved and help us with any sticky situations that arise and offer their wisdom.

Thanks,

How much experience do you have to have for the MSN/MBA/Health Care Management Program?

I would also like my MSN/FNP onine. I am very happy with UOP except when it comes to their financial services. It has been one nightmare after another.The actual education is inspiring. You get to be with nurses from all over the country.They get an A+ in class and an F in financial help.

Specializes in Correctional Nursing; MSN student.

Anybody taken a UOP stats class HCS 438? There is no math pre-req so I'm thinking/hoping it is easier than a math stats? Feedback anyone???

Does anyone have any experience with the dual degree program MSN/MBA/MHC ?

I am wondering if financial aid would cover this type of program? I heard they won't cover more than one Master's degree so how does it work if you are in a dual degree type of program? Trying to get an idea of this before I go to talk with someone from UOP financial aid.

Anybody taken a UOP stats class HCS 438? There is no math pre-req so I'm thinking/hoping it is easier than a math stats? Feedback anyone???

I took it 2 classes ago, and there is very little math involved....and no new math teqniques to learn. It's mostly definitions....normal curve, mean, median, mode, central tendancy, hypothesis testing, etc.

I squeaked by with an A-.

Specializes in Critical Care Transport/Intensive Care/Management.
Hello everyone! I'm really happy to have found this thread. This forum has always been helpful in my decision making from deciding to migrate and taking the NCLEX exam to finally making it here in the US! I used to work in England as an RN for 5 years in a specialized area called Infectious Diseases Unit. I now work as an ICU nurse in a LTAC hospital here in Los Angeles. I will soon start my UoP MSN program on the 18th and I really appreciate all your input about the school and the courses. I guess I still have a long way to go but I'm sure 18 months would just fly by . I know it will entail a lot of hard work and discipline but I will definitely try and do my best. I will be frequenting this thread to hear more about UoP and your experience. Kudos!
Just an update:I graduated in June 2010 finished the MSN Program in November 2010. It was pure hard work but was very well worth it!Thanks UoP!!!
Specializes in Critical Care Transport/Intensive Care/Management.
I'm thinking about the MSN program at UofP. Is there anyone in houston that graduated from their masters of nursing program who found it difficult to be hired?
When I applied at UCLA, I think it was the MSN program that gave me the leverage and also knowing that I'm a member of the Honor Society of Nursing :)

I am going to begin classes on March 20th in the MSN/ED program.

I would love to hear from different people who are in different stages of the program and what they have liked and hated.

University of phoenix

Iam looking forward to join UOP.Any feedback will be highly appreciated.thanks in advance

Specializes in Psychiatric/ER/Primary Clinic/Addiction.

Hi just finishing this up my MSN Ed.was a very enlightening and rigorous program with positive feedback from community organizations for the school is highly accredited and major health care players reimburse with tuition credit. Where are you now? Would love to hear from you.

I just started the MSN/Informatics program at UoP...

Susannyc, How is UoP's MSN/Informatics going so far?

I am considering a couple of universities for an MSN in Nursing Informatics, and would like to know about experiences.

+ Add a Comment