Jump to content

Non-compliance with Social Distancing

Disasters   (1,320 Views | 26 Replies)

CaffeinePOQ4HPRN has 10 years experience as a BSN, LPN, RN.

10,270 Profile Views; 386 Posts

You are reading page 2 of Non-compliance with Social Distancing. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Naturally Brilliant has 4 years experience as a BSN, RN.

138 Posts; 4,369 Profile Views

I truly do not care because, like I said, your perspective is yours and my perspective is my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CaffeinePOQ4HPRN has 10 years experience as a BSN, LPN, RN.

386 Posts; 10,270 Profile Views

35 minutes ago, Naturally Brilliant said:

I truly do not care because, like I said, your perspective is yours and my perspective is my own. 

I like to think Nurses are better than the lack of character and lack of consideration for the public you just displayed in a handful of your careless keyboard clicks.

One thing we can both agree on 100% is that YOU do not care. I suppose you think IPAC measures (ex. hand-hygiene) are conspiracy theories, too? Hmm?

Bye now👋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dianah has 45 years experience as a ADN and specializes in Cath Lab/Radiology.

2 Followers; 9 Articles; 2,757 Posts; 68,621 Profile Views

Please post to the Terms of Service, and the subject of the thread, refraining from name-calling and insults.

"We promote the idea of lively debate. This means you are free to disagree with anyone on any type of subject matter as long as your criticism is constructive and polite. Additionally, please refrain from name-calling. This is divisive, rude, and derails the thread.

Our first priority is to the members that have come here because of the flame-free atmosphere we provide. There is a zero-tolerance policy here against personal attacks. We will not tolerate anyone insulting other's opinion nor name calling."

Several posts have been edited to comply with the Terms of Service. 

Please think twice before responding in kind to a provocative comment or post.  These are extraordinary and unusual times, and we are all human and under new stressors.  Let us remember we ARE all human, and in this together. 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

amoLucia specializes in LTC.

5,455 Posts; 46,588 Profile Views

I had a NOT-really-nice thought re others' compliance at this critical time. I am reminded of my late father's behavior at times when caution or avoidance was indicated for whatever reason.

Terrible blizzarding snow and my Dad would INSIST on driving to a grocery. For what that couldn't wait 24 hrs? Black ice or flooding roadways and he just HAD to go out and take a friend's pet to a vet.

Like some kind of death-wish??? Trying to tempt the Fates?

I used to think it was just men (foolish me!). But this crazy attitude/behavior also applies to women.

If my Dad were alive, I'd be unbelievably worried about him. I just know that he'd be out in public going to the store or his oldsters' club or lady-friend's place. One of us kids would have to be in his house and physically prevent him or hide his keys. Some years ago, had I NOT intercepted a serious mail scam - he'd have most definitely tried to cash in on that scam by sending "money to cover international processing fees, yada, yada yada". He WANTED to follow up.

Today, my worry would be for him to become exposed - even if he were symptom less, could he be a carrier? Would I want to visit him? I really don't know! All those unknown possibilities.

I don't like that not-really-nice thought. I've been missing my Dad a lot lately, but in a perverse way, I'm relieved that he's not around to be experiencing these times.

So about the non-compliant ones out there, I  worry. For me and mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ICUnurse990 has 6 years experience as a BSN and specializes in Critical Care.

8 Posts; 140 Profile Views

1 hour ago, amoLucia said:

I had a NOT-really-nice thought re others' compliance at this critical time. I am reminded of my late father's behavior at times when caution or avoidance was indicated for whatever reason.

Terrible blizzarding snow and my Dad would INSIST on driving to a grocery. For what that couldn't wait 24 hrs? Black ice or flooding roadways and he just HAD to go out and take a friend's pet to a vet.

Like some kind of death-wish??? Trying to tempt the Fates?

I used to think it was just men (foolish me!). But this crazy attitude/behavior also applies to women.

If my Dad were alive, I'd be unbelievably worried about him. I just know that he'd be out in public going to the store or his oldsters' club or lady-friend's place. One of us kids would have to be in his house and physically prevent him or hide his keys. Some years ago, had I NOT intercepted a serious mail scam - he'd have most definitely tried to cash in on that scam by sending "money to cover international processing fees, yada, yada yada". He WANTED to follow up.

Today, my worry would be for him to become exposed - even if he were symptom less, could he be a carrier? Would I want to visit him? I really don't know! All those unknown possibilities.

I don't like that not-really-nice thought. I've been missing my Dad a lot lately, but in a perverse way, I'm relieved that he's not around to be experiencing these times.

So about the non-compliant ones out there, I  worry. For me and mine.

I know what you mean.  My grandpa couldn’t stand just sitting around at home.  Even with severe COPD, he managed to get to church and talk with his friends, drive to Starbucks for coffee, or go to the to local park to sit at a picnic table and read a book.  If he were still alive, he would be at a very high risk of dying from COVID-19, assuming the shelter-in-place order didn’t kill him first. I miss him like crazy, and yet somehow I’m glad he’s not around for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

amoLucia specializes in LTC.

5,455 Posts; 46,588 Profile Views

5 minutes ago, ICUnurse990 said:

....  If he were still alive, he would be at a very high risk of dying from COVID-19, assuming the shelter-in-place order didn’t kill him first. I miss him like crazy, and yet somehow I’m glad he’s not around for this.

Thank you for the understanding & validation.

Wanna' bet that my Dad & your grandpop are at the same place, watching down at us and chomping at the bit over the shelter-in-place?  😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CaffeinePOQ4HPRN has 10 years experience as a BSN, LPN, RN.

386 Posts; 10,270 Profile Views

For all the non-compliance people. PLEASE, READ THIS! 👇

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

amoLucia specializes in LTC.

5,455 Posts; 46,588 Profile Views

Just the pix flashing up on my screen before the mom's post hit me strong.

My prayers for her & her circle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

129 Posts; 3,024 Profile Views

Coronavirus may not kill healthy young people even if they get infected, but it does not necessarily mean they can live the rest of your life healthy. They may survive from the virus, but they may have to live the rest of the lives with permanent damage in their lungs. We are just not yet to know the long term effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoosier_RN has 20 years experience as a MSN and specializes in LTC, home health, hospice, ICU, ER, dialysis.

5 Followers; 1,882 Posts; 4,073 Profile Views

On 3/25/2020 at 11:20 PM, amoLucia said:

Thank you for the understanding & validation.

Wanna' bet that my Dad & your grandpop are at the same place, watching down at us and chomping at the bit over the shelter-in-place?  😜

My dad is popping them some popcorn, and fixing the drinks 😉

On 3/26/2020 at 3:35 PM, Green Tea, RN said:

Coronavirus may not kill healthy young people even if they get infected, but it does not necessarily mean they can live the rest of your life healthy. They may survive from the virus, but they may have to live the rest of the lives with permanent damage in their lungs. We are just not yet to know the long term effects.

Some young, otherwise healthy persons, are now dying as well. No one is totally safe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FolksBtrippin is a BSN, RN and specializes in Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Public Health.

3 Followers; 1,712 Posts; 15,133 Profile Views

What gets me is seeing people in N95s, to stroll around  in public, even though our local hospitals are begging for them and wearing plastic bags on their heads. It takes a lot of restraint for me. I feel an urge to pop them right in the mask. 

As far as social distancing, my friends and family are following the rules well. I do worry about people holing themselves up by themselves unnecessarily. I tell them that this is going to be a lot longer than they think and they need to have a buddy (ONE BUDDY, THE SAME ONE EVERY DAY) as social isolation can break down the psyche over time. This is not a couple weeks folks. Don't burn out. 

I also work in several very bad neighborhoods, and I have never felt truly unsafe until now, as the community is agitating and very different than I've ever seen it. 

Props to people in the hospital who face a different kind of fear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 Followers; 37,429 Posts; 100,472 Profile Views

I’ve noticed some incidental “loud”, quirky behavior around the apt complex. There have always been a few whose behavior draws attention, but it just seems to be up a notch. Stench of marijuana definitely increased. Wonder where they’re buying it as problems in the supply chain have been reported in the media. I just come and go as quickly as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.