Jump to content

Is parasites a common problem?

Posted
johnnyDoGood johnnyDoGood (Member)

Specializes in babysitting.

I'm about to do a colon cleanse and was wondering if many people have parasites as this one paracleanse website suggests or is it a sales pitch?

Whispera, MSN, RN

Specializes in psych, addictions, hospice, education.

It's a sales pitch.

Pepper The Cat, BSN, RN

Specializes in Gerontology. Has 35 years experience.

The body cleanses itself. Colon cleanses, etc are all a sales pitch.

LilyBlue

Has 10 years experience.

Colon cleanses make me laugh. They remind me of the Nutty professor.

truern

Specializes in Telemetry & Obs.

I seriously doubt we all have intestinal parasites.

That said, I have had colonics before and found I felt more energized and in general just felt better.

I have read extensively about parasites. It is very delusional to think that we DO NOT HAVE parasites.

I only take the herbs recommended by Dr. Hulda Clark for parasite cleanse, because they grow in North America (except Cloves, but cloves are safe also and medicinal) and I know what they are and I feel they are safe and effective (I am going to start a controversy in here). Every time after I take it I feel really healthy and full of energy. It is not a placebo effect. It is what it is, we do have parasites. This is my firm opinion (and nobody has to agree with me). I am cooking very carefully and try to avoid eating out. You don't have to eat out to be happy. There are ways to avoid parasite infestation. We should follow what people did for thousands of years before us, they had some good habits and one of them was fasting and taking herbs to get rid of parasites periodically. I know that we have better medicine now, but we have very poor habits.

I gave the herbs to my dog and I was shocked what came out of him, G-d rest his soul.

Parasites in America is largely attributed to undercooked meats or bad water and is not that common - not common enough to colon cleanse as a routine procedure.. I'm sure they would have you believe to use wax candles in order to remove the ear wig 'ear' infestations as well ;)

Yes.. i'm not surprised your dog had parasites... almost every dog does...and cat... but those parasites are typically not transferable to humans.

v/r

HouTx, BSN, MSN, EdD

Specializes in Critical Care, Education. Has 35 years experience.

LOL! When I saw the title of this thread, my mind went in totally different directions:D.

Maybe intestinal parasites are not a serious problem, but other 'creepy crawlies' certainly are. In previous ED & ICU jobs, we had "Kwell shampoo" as a prn admission order, right alongside starting IVs and EKGs. I know that pediculosis (head & body) is still a problem - scabies seems to be on the rise also. SHEESH - pardon me while I itch.

Maybe it all depends on where you are in the clinical 'food chain'. Those of us who work in 'point of entry' areas are much more likely to have to deal with the unwelcome critters. :p

Parasites in America is largely attributed to undercooked meats or bad water and is not that common - not common enough to colon cleanse as a routine procedure.. I'm sure they would have you believe to use wax candles in order to remove the ear wig 'ear' infestations as well ;)

Yes.. i'm not surprised your dog had parasites... almost every dog does...and cat... but those parasites are typically not transferable to humans.

v/r

I just had a health scare with my daughter just a few days ago, so this post is very close to my heart right now. She has celiac and her Dad did a double whammy when she spent the weekend with him (her dad was charged with child neglect in the past, so he's not exactly the best dad there is, but that's a story for another forum and I should know better not to trust him with watching our daughter)...feed her gluten, in a restaurant that I did not ever go to, the meat was undercooked and my daughter also told me that he did not want to get out of the house to get food, so she ate some old chicken from the fridge...we ended up in the ER twice in 24 hours (by EMS the second time, because her heart rate was 150 at 12 yo and shge started having chest pain...at the hospital she was throwing PVC'c and A-Fib for 8 hours and she does not have a heart condition, but she might have one now after all this), she got three!!! liters of fluid and she's still not 100% (resting heart rate is still 100). I was just devastated, I adore her and she suffered like a dog because of the food poisoning. I wonder if it was the undercooked meat, or the gluten or all of those faux pas together. She had a WHITE bowel movement, I have never seen anything like that in my whole entire life of taking care of sick people...that is a sign that your gall bladder is blocked...blocked with what? With parasites, as far as I know from years of reading about parasites, she can not have any gall stones yet (she absolutely did not have symptoms of gall stones)...my mother's instinct is telling me that she ate infested meat and that's what caused the white bowel movement. Anyway, think deep about parasites, even if we are in a developed country, that does not keep us safe from parasite infestation...I will keep taking my herbs and watch my daughter, so she does not have to go through that again...

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.